SPRINGING SMILER

artanis

In the episode, Springing Smiler. The trio are boating on the canal. As they emerge from beneath the white bridge, you can hear a small snatch of music. I know this isn't a Ronnie Hazlehurst composition as the same piece is often featured in The Prisoner series. Can anyone identify this music for me please.

In the episode, Springing Smiler. The trio are boating on the canal. As they emerge from beneath the white bridge, you can hear a small snatch of music. I know this isn't a Ronnie Hazlehurst composition as the same piece is often featured in The Prisoner series. Can anyone identify this music for me please.

Interesting - element of genius to use something from "The Prisoner" for that particular episode. Except that I have skimmed "Springing Smiler" on You Tube and cannot find a scene with the trio boating. Are you sure you are not referring to "Set The People Free". That seems not available on You Tube but I am sure the trio boated in it. I think it used the theme tune from "The Prisoner". Try:
http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-prisoner-file-1-mw0000227281

My memory is fallible at times, but wasn't the same or similar music used in Tarzan of the Towpath??