Some holiday snaps

Great Photos. Whereabouts in Holmfirth and Meltham are the photos taken?.

Thanks Adrian. The first one is in the centre of Holmfirth (taken from the area in front of the Old Bridge Inn and looking towards the church and the block which contains the cafe, whose door is visible (but only just!) The second is in Huddersfield Road, Meltham, near the "Bandit Bank" area (104 on Summer Wine Map) taken from the shelter of a bus stop! The third is a distance out of Meltham, route can be traced on the Summer Wine map (213), the pub seen in "Cheering Up Ludovic".

Thanks Adrian. The first one is in the centre of Holmfirth (taken from the area in front of the Old Bridge Inn and looking towards the church and the block which contains the cafe, whose door is visible (but only just!) The second is in Huddersfield Road, Meltham, near the "Bandit Bank" area (104 on Summer Wine Map) taken from the shelter of a bus stop! The third is a distance out of Meltham, route can be traced on the Summer Wine map (213), the pub seen in "Cheering Up Ludovic".
Thanks for the reply JBCat. I think I can make out the sign for 'Beatties' next door to the cafe in the first photo. Am I right?.

Would be nice to see more pictures if you are willing to post. Got your first pic as my screen background at the moment. Also would not mind chatting with you sometime in another thread if you have any words of wisdom on making the trip to Holmfirth. I'm still collecting advice for when I finally make it over. :)

Thanks for the reply JBCat. I think I can make out the sign for 'Beatties' next door to the cafe in the first photo. Am I right?.

I don't think Beatties would be visible as it is at right angles to the bit of the cafe that is out of the picture there (hidden by the church building). Unsure what that white thing actually is though but it may be a notice board on the side of the church.

Would be nice to see more pictures if you are willing to post. Got your first pic as my screen background at the moment. Also would not mind chatting with you sometime in another thread if you have any words of wisdom on making the trip to Holmfirth. I'm still collecting advice for when I finally make it over. :)

Thanks Rick! I am going to post some more tonight, but don't want to flood the site with too many photos all at once (that is as good an excuse as any for being slow going through them :) )

I do remember reading a post where you were looking for advice on a Holmfirth trip, and I will have a look for that and reply on it.

Here are some photos taken at one of my most favourite places!

Attachments

• 12 July 2019 Eastergate 1.jpg
    12 July 2019 Eastergate 1.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 12 July 2019 Eastergate 2.jpg
    12 July 2019 Eastergate 2.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 20
  • 12 July 2019 Eastergate 3.jpg
    12 July 2019 Eastergate 3.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 12 July 2019 Eastergate 4.jpg
    12 July 2019 Eastergate 4.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 19
I don't think Beatties would be visible as it is at right angles to the bit of the cafe that is out of the picture there (hidden by the church building). Unsure what that white thing actually is though but it may be a notice board on the side of the church.
Just had another look at the picture of Holmfirth. Is the building just right of the tree the church, if so the building with the wall lit up would be the Ironmongers. I was looking at the sign on the building immediately to the left of the Old Bridge Inn.

Love the Eastergate bridge photos. The only time we saw the surface of the bridge was during the episode How To Clear Your Pipes. I always thought the bridge was a wide one but it is really quite narrow.

Just had another look at the picture of Holmfirth. Is the building just right of the tree the church, if so the building with the wall lit up would be the Ironmongers. I was looking at the sign on the building immediately to the left of the Old Bridge Inn.

Yes, you are right Adrian the building all aglow and under both the moon and a street light is Kaye's Ironmongers.

I see now which sign you are meaning and think it is a banner on the Nook building next door to Neil A Kaye, Optometrists (I would hazard a guess this is the same family as the Ironmongers??) The sign is for the Nook Annual Beer Festival.

Back