Some first time advice

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
As you can see we have installed the vBulletin forum software. It is a commercial package (meaning we need a full, paid license to use it) which is superior and more secure than the SMF forum software we have been using.

One or more of you may notice that it is an earlier version (vBulletin 3.8) and that the current "latest" version stands at vBulletin 5.0, I have done this simply because the original one that we will be using is globally accepted to be the safest and by far the best version.

Terry has recommended that we add another forum, which you can see at the top of the Home page, named "New Forum Q & A" where you can post ANY questions or requests for support/advice that you may have concerning the new forums. We recognise there will be a steep learning curve, and that many things will appear unfamiliar but my advice is to poke about a bit, click a few buttons and see what happens.
A good place to start is in your control panel. To get there all you have to do is click the link in the top horizontal menu named "UserCP", this will open a page with a column on the left with the various sections of your control panel listed. You can configure exactly, the way you want to see posts, Private Message other members and the way the forums look, feel and behave.

Here are a couple of useful links (You need to be logged in to see these pages):
1: To change or upload an Avatar (small picture normally used to convey your character/personality)
a: All members can either use one of the embedded avatars or upload your own.
b: The maximum size for an avatar is 120 pixels by 120 pixels.
c: EDIT OR CHANGE AVATAR

2: To change your e-mail address AND OR your password visit THIS PAGE.

3: To edit or change your own personal details VISIT HIS PAGE

4: To edit/configure settings about the forums (Private Messaging, forum display and many other settings) SEE THIS PAGE.

5: New user "Gothic" - That's me, my old nickname, it's the one I used when coding for vBulletin. My (then) eight year old Daughter started calling me Gothic after I bought a black leather jacket and boots for my motorcycle. I now prefer "Cornishman" or Tony :D

Back