Sobriety

C

Chuffer Enwright

It really isn't all it's cracked up to be this Temperance Society nonsense you know! I've been a good lad and abstained for a while, and off the smokes aswell and I've never felt so grim. Tonight I necked a bottle of Red Wine and a few cigars and I've never felt so goo. It was like meeting an old friend! Be warned folks, not drinking is a terrible state to be in, I will sleep well tonight and wake up feeling no worse than I have for not drinking ;D

I don't drink (never have) and I quit smoking in 2005.I am what is commonly known as boring.

To be honest George, I'm not much of a drinker, or a smoker for that matter, but I've felt worse these last couple of weeks from abstinence than I have for a while. Losing my sight was a bit of a curtain on any drinking really, I fell over enough when I was sober because of it, but tonight after a few glasses of Redcoursing through my veins, I felt much better.

Personally, I really like a dram or two of Single Malt
before bed. Kinda relaxes me. And the smoky, peaty
flavours are wonderful. Abstain if you will, but I
do like a bit of Malt.

Personally, I really like a dram or two of Single Malt
before bed. Kinda relaxes me. And the smoky, peaty
flavours are wonderful. Abstain if you will, but I
do like a bit of Malt.

I like this attitude Chuck! A Single Malt now and again does a fella no harm at all.

I´m with George! If not drinking and smoking is boring, than I´m the most boring person in the world. I never was drunk and never even touched a cigarette in my life. I never was tempted and I don´t think I am missing anything.

I used to enjoy and drink and a smoke,I stopped smoking 9 years ago and due to medication hardly touch alcohol these days,I do not have problems with those who still drink except those that get a few drinks inside them and want to fight everybody

;D My tot of whiskey of an evening is strictly for medicinal purposes as Norah would say ;D

I gave up my Gitanes and Gauloise back in the early 1980s, say nearly 30 years ago folowed soon after by my various concoctions (Black Beauty was one I recall) in my Peterson classic bent pipe with nickel trim.

However the ccasional glass of red wine is still welcome as is a dram of whiskey, whisky, calvados, or brandy but, like others, I have to be careful because of medication. One of the snags is constant needing to drive so alcohol very limited.

Back