Snow problems

Today we also got at least 10 inches in West Germany! My mother who is a teacher doesn´t have to work tomorrow, her school is closed and so will be many others, I suppose. I tried to go for a walk, but it was not very easy, snow coming into my boots and branches hanging so deep that you have to just close your eyes and push through. I have a day off tomorrow, thank goodness, I wouldn´t be able to get my car out of this anyway, it´s surrounded by heaps of snow ;D.

What a superb film - good old BTF unit. Lot of excellent matrial in the older documentaries. Note that there were few concessions to health and safety then!

!963 we seemed to cope rather better - although fewer peole,commuted so far to work in those days and on the roads we still had trams which could run provided the tracks were cleared off - no risk of skidding!

My mother (my father and grand father were both railway workers) reminded me that they used to run de-icing trains at night to keep the tracks clear in the south so the lines would work in the morning. We can not afford to do so now.

I really liked the bit showing the first class travellers eating away and lookign ourt at stranded cars.

That BTF unit has a website with a lot of videos.
As I have a Dutch IP address: I can not watch it...
I thought Internet did not have barriers :-\

That BTF unit has a website with a lot of videos.
As I have a Dutch IP address: I can not watch it...
I thought Internet did not have barriers :-\

Sorry to read that - some BFI stuff has been placed on the internet but you ahve to search by individual film name. A lot of the BTF stuff is out on DVD though and you may well find some bargains as some of it has been out a while.

Back