Sid's Plank

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
In the episode Getting on Sidney's Wire, when the trio first collect the plank and Cleggy wheels it on his bike, it looks the typical rough edged plank, when they are in the Cafe, the plank looks cleaner and smoother

it looks the typical rough edged plank, when they are in the Cafe, the plank looks cleaner and smoother

Obvious ! " Blood and Stomach Pills ,You're not bringing that scruffy rough chunk in here , and I'm not talking about Compo, if you're bringing it in here get it cleaned up and sanded, I don't want spelks in my sticky buns!!!!" whispered Ivy in a voice that would cut fog :08::)

I'll look for that next time I see the episode. What I had noticed was part of the route the trio took bringing the plank to the cafe. It passed in front of The Nook brewpub, which we don't see, then across Higgen Brig over the River Ribble, with a pause for Compo's reminiscences of one of his girlfriends, then out past where the cobbler's shop is now. That scene shows how much the area has been cleaned up in the intervening years.

Back