Sid's Cafe

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
A Couple of pictures I came across on the net, in the first one there is a tree in the square which is no longer there, the local claim it was removed at the request of the BBC when they started filming the show.

The 2nd picture shows what is now the Cafe and the author claims it was still a Fish & Chip shop when the picture was taken

Tree.jpg

Sid's.jpg

Always remembered the tree being planted in a small "island " in that spot . Was it removed or was it re-planted in the island ? Or did the island tree replace it?? :confused:

Always remembered the tree being planted in a small "island " in that spot . Was it removed or was it re-planted in the island ? Or did the island tree replace it?? :confused:

No tree there anymore Dick,just large plant pots

Seems like they could have left the tree there and just limb'ed it up a bit. Take off the lower 5 or so feet of branches... should not have interfered with the filming. At least that is my guess.

I seem to remember in one of the books that the tree outside Sid's was mentioned and had to be removed to help filming....also they got into trouble with another tree that got "pruned" on the bridge near Cleggy's

Back