Sewing thread used in modern garments.

S

sir coffalot

>:( Anyone of the opinion that modern tags and threads used in todays garments are akin to wire?? My wife finishes up having to remove the tags etc out of both our shirts and her blouses because the tags tend to chafe. Are we just getting sensitive as we get older or are the garments just using cheap material??

LOL, what a question, but I think it´s the material. Though I have very sensitive skin, so I´m not really one to judge, I´m cutting them out all the time.

LOL, what a question, but I think it´s the material. Though I have very sensitive skin, so I´m not really one to judge, I´m cutting them out all the time.
I do try to be thought provoking ::)

Never mind the quality - feel the width!

As my mentor in all things sartorial - he taught me how to sell garments that did not quite fit - would say "it will give a bit in wear"!

;D Perhaps this belongs in Memories but your mention of " it will give a bit in wear "reminds me of an overcoat I was suckered into buying in the 60's. It was meant to be trendy but I discovered when I wore it in the bus for instance that it "ballooned" around me like a refreshment tent! I finally figured that he must have had a great handful behind me when I tried it on! I gave it away eventually to a guy that was 3 sizes bigger than me. ::)

;D Perhaps this belongs in Memories but your mention of " it will give a bit in wear "reminds me of an overcoat I was suckered into buying in the 60's. It was meant to be trendy but I discovered when I wore it in the bus for instance that it "ballooned" around me like a refreshment tent! I finally figured that he must have had a great handful behind me when I tried it on! I gave it away eventually to a guy that was 3 sizes bigger than me. ::)

Was not sold to you by a Mr Roberts? That was the name of my mentor - and his heyday was the 1960s!!

In this case he would have said "it'll ride up a bit in wear".

Back