Series 9, Episode 1; Why Does Norman Clegg Buy Ladies' Elastic Stockings?

wstol

Dedicated Member
The start of the first series to consist of just the usual six or seven episodes. It's said they were desperately trying to get Seymour established as the third man, also around this time two novels came out, again with Seymour. Also, the BBC were experimenting with making some of their comedy shows longer or with more episodes.

This episode is the one with the mobile drill, looking for oil.

This episode is unique in that the opening titles are not over an outdoor scene.

This episode was OK. No more than that. Some nice scenes, but not one you would pick as a favourite, one to look forward to or to recommend to someone new to the show.
6.8/10 from me.

The start of the first series to consist of just the usual six or seven episodes. It's said they were desperately trying to get Seymour established as the third man, also around this time two novels came out, again with Seymour. Also, the BBC were experimenting with making some of their comedy shows longer or with more episodes.

I am sorry but I really cannot let this go. Series #9 was broadcast in a continuous stream of twelve episodes in 1987 - twelve episodes precisely because BBC productioin team were wanting to get Seymour known. That there were twelve episodes is supported by all UK references.

Big Unc and everyone else -

Sorry, made typo error, meant to write 'The start of the first series to consist of MORE THAN just the usual six or seven episodes'.

This is of course the series 9 which is mislabelled 9 and 10 on the UK DVDs.

(Can this forum be altered so you can edit posts after you have initially logged out???)

EDITED FOR PUNCTUATION (!).

ah the start of the series that caused all the fun with the series numbering on DVD ::). I was quite interested Dallas objected to their theme being used,being a fan of both shows.First time Seymour's voice operated door was seen I believe. I wish his house had featured in all 3 of his series

Back