Series 6, Episode 7; From Wellies to Wet Suit

wstol

Dedicated Member
The finale of Series 6, another good one - they all are in this series.

This was Bill Owen's favourite, and aptly enough was shown as a tribute to him shortly after his death.

There was an instance once when the trio were filming a sequence where they are walking away from the camera, and nobody shouted 'cut'. The trio kept going for fear of ruining the take, till Owen finally started walking backwards, in character, to find the crew had vanished. Anyone know if it was the end sequence of this episode?

Watching Cleggy and Foggy trying to shout for Compo underwater was hilarious.
The scene (with the Jaws theme)when Compo comes down the steps watched by Nora always spoiled it for me.I could never figure out where the steps were supposed to be.

Another smashing episode to round off the series, every single one was best of all time material. Its between 6 and 8 for my favourite series, not a dud amongst them and each one was a 9/10 episode at least.
Around this era was when the show was in its pomp for my money.

The scene (with the Jaws theme)when Compo comes down the steps watched by Nora always spoiled it for me.I could never figure out where the steps were supposed to be.
Wouldn't those steps usually lead down to Compo's door George?...i think the director must have underestimated the level of scrutiny us l,o,t,s,w,fanatics would give it...and used a little artistic licence.

Wouldn't those steps usually lead down to Compo's door George?...i think the director must have underestimated the level of scrutiny us l,o,t,s,w,fanatics would give it...and used a little artistic licence.

I'm not usually that picky but there are two scenes that irritate,that one and the scene outside the cafe in 'A Merry Heatwave' when Cleggy stumbles upon Sid and Ivy kissing.The scenery is so amateurish it was an insult to the show.Mind you 2 in 30-odd years is not bad going :)

Presumably the steps in question could be at the back of the house. The external door Nora goes to clearly isn't anything like the familiar front door.

There are always inconsistencies in the studio sets, particularly when it comes to places that are only occasionally seen.

I think this episode plot was referred to again in a much later episode.

Back