Series 12, Episode 3; The Charity Balls

wstol

Dedicated Member
Another absolute gem from the excellent Series 12.

This sees the return of Bert Parnaby as Jack Harry Teesdale, who was going to do more, but sadly didn't. I think he died shortly afterwards, but I've been unable to confirm this.

A great line from Howard, as he wistfully says 'Pearl thinks I get too much exercise...'.

This episode is special to me, very special, its not just another episode for me, this episode is my earliest memory of anything, i can remember being just over 1, watching the spinning BBC globe and the announcer and then silence for a second, then hearing the wonderful music and i was hooked there and then, i loved the Foggy walking through the stream scene i laughed so hard, this episode means a lot to me, its given me summat i couldnt have wished for, a love of a fantastic tv show that means the world to me, thanks to this episode Last of the Summer Wine will forever be in my heart

This episode is special to me, very special, its not just another episode for me, this episode is my earliest memory of anything, i can remember being just over 1, watching the spinning BBC globe and the announcer and then silence for a second, then hearing the wonderful music and i was hooked there and then, i loved the Foggy walking through the stream scene i laughed so hard, this episode means a lot to me, its given me summat i couldnt have wished for, a love of a fantastic tv show that means the world to me, thanks to this episode Last of the Summer Wine will forever be in my heart

How is this for irony, Darren?

I absolutely praised the previous episode, Come In Sun-Ray Major and you thought it was just OK. You really love "Charity Balls", yet this one is just OK to me.

These are quite different viewpoints but from previous threads I know and respect the fact that this is an extremely popular episode.

Back