Role Reversal

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
If way back in 1971 when Summerwine was born. The Premise of 3 middle aged men as they were then was a winner. But if the Roles were reversed and it was 3 middle aged women I wonder who would have played the female characters and what the Characters would be called. A fun post to use your imagination with

Wow, what a great thread idea! Is nice to get a female perspective on things. I'd enjoy watching this show as well.

Some really fine ladies mentioned: Pat Coombs, Felicity Kendall, Joanna Lumley , Penelope Keith, Prunella Scales...

I think Liz Smith would make a wonderful Compo type character. Stephanie Cole maybe as one of the trio.

Added:
Fantastic commercial with the ladies sledding, Roger. I had not seen that before.

Mollie Sudgen

Last edited:
If way back in 1971 when Summerwine was born. The Premise of 3 middle aged men as they were then was a winner. But if the Roles were reversed and it was 3 middle aged women I wonder who would have played the female characters and what the Characters would be called. A fun post to use your imagination with
!971. !972 actually. I'm thinking Patricia Hayes in the Compo role.

Then again, perhaps Hylda Baker.

Back