RIP Peter Falk

I knew it would be on the forum. Thank you, Terry! I just heard it on the radio in the car, such a shock! We love Columbo here in Germany, and I particularly did when I was in my teens. I´m very sad about these news :'(!
Oh, and there is even a connection, both Peter Falk and Peter Sallis were good friends with Patrick McGoohan who appeared in several Columbo episodes.

:( Never that much of a fan of COLUMBO but its sad that he passed the way he did. I remember him more for a part in a film with ROBERT MITCHUM . ANZIO I think it was titled, he played a scout for the American Army operating sometimes behind the lines. The scene in a farmhouse where he tries to teach two Italian girls to sing Bye Bye Blackbird is one of my favourites. :'(

I used to enjoy Columbo even though there was a pattern in the episodes. So sad to hear of another fine actor passing on.

Interesting thought,...Will todays stars be remembered like we remember the classic ones we know??

I used to enjoy Columbo even though there was a pattern in the episodes. So sad to hear of another fine actor passing on.
Pattern in the episodes?? My wife loves MURDER SHE WROTE that is much the same! ::)

Actually many shows do follow a formuale - it seems that is what people like: some thing familiar.

However I would always immediately move if an old lady called Miss Marple came to stay, or a Belgian chap and I would never live in Oxford or a village called Midsomer Whatever .... far too great a risk of murder!

Have to say that i was a big fan of Columbo and watch him over and over again,sad to see him go.

Apparently the role was originally offered to Bing Crosby but he turned it down.I just cant imagine him as Columbo anymore than someone trying to play Foggy,Compo or Cleggy, etc

Hector

Back