RIP Lily Bless Her

Oh No surely not !! All the comedic actors and actresses of my era seem to be sadly passing away . Whilst we know as Lily Bless her she will always be Nurse Gladys , A-A-A-Arkwright's live out lady friend and therefore adversary in chief to the Black Widow Mrs Featherstone . It is a very sad loss indeed , Open All Hours is still a big watch for me Ronnie B, David Jason and her dovetail so well and all the quips and lines seem as fresh now as they did when first shown . How very very sad!

Sad news indeed. I only have seen her in LotSW and Open All Hours from what I remember. Really enjoyed her characters.

How good was she as Lily, or Gladys....

Another brilliant light gone... not a bad innings though.

She also appeared in series 1 & 2 of Still Open All Hours. It looks like Roy Clarke has outlived most of the cast of his shows.

She also appeared in series 1 & 2 of Still Open All Hours. It looks like Roy Clarke has outlived most of the cast of his shows.

Yes, she was too busy to do Series Three of Still Open All Hours, yet never returned for Four, Five or Six.

It did seem that her part was sometimes underwritten, and had little to do, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

Back