RIP Davey Jones

C

Chuffer Enwright

Died today aged 65. Another star in the night sky of my childhood dwindles and dies. RIP Davey. I liked The Monkees.

Anybody who doesn't rate Daydream Believer as one of their fave songs must have something wrong with them.

My Dog loves The Monkees. He also likes Bob Marley, he's a well brought up creature!

Ditto to that. I liked Davy Jones very much. I was a teenager at that time and I loved their shows. Very shamefull as he was still young. Well at least thee was no mention of drugs with this entertainer. May he rest in peace...

Another legend leaves us,sad as he was still young,in fact only a few years older than me,was it sudden does anybody know

Another legend leaves us,sad as he was still young,in fact only a few years older than me,was it sudden does anybody know

I;m not sure of the circumstances Terry, I hadn't neard that he was ill, it was on the tail end of the news that he had died in his home in Florida aged 65.

On the subject of Bob Marley, I guess another posthumous Birthday namecheck is in order. The great man would have been 67 a couple of weeks ago. I've spent many happy hours listening to his music over the years. He was one of the key musical figures of the 20th century. RIP Robert Nesta Marley.

I used to watch the shows on a Saturday morning as a kid.R.I.P Davey Jones,sad news indeed.

Hector.

I guess by the lack of responses that I'm the only Bob Marley fan on here. Shame, the guy was a massive cultural influence to a lot people.

Not everyones cup of tea I'm sure, in fact I'm betting nobody's, but Adam Yauch, MCA from The Beastie Boys dies of cancer today. I had no idea he was even ill.
RIP Adam, another star from my childhood sky dies.

No sleep till Brooklyn was a big hit for them.
I agree Rob another light from the show biz world gone at just 47
R.i.p Adam Yauch

Back