Ringo squirrel

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Here are a couple of pics of a tame squirrel that used to come to us when we called him. The first pic was taken when we were training him to come up the path to us. Each day we would put out peanuts for him nearer to where we sat until, as you can see in the second pic, he would take food from our hands. Eventually, we didn't need to call him, he would come out of the bushes and run up to our legs. Unfortunately it is years since we last saw him. We called him Ringo because of dark rings that went around his tail.

Attachments

• Ringo.jpg
    Ringo.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Ringo Feeding time .jpg
    Ringo Feeding time .jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 12
Always neat when the local wildlife is friendly :). Surprised your dog(s) did not keep it away.

For some reason I am more partial to rabbits than squirrels. At least rabbits do not climb trees to your bird feeder and ransack the seeds. Though I am sure if they were able to they would, haha! What I like about rabbits is they stay off the house and in the yard. The last place I lived the squirrels loved to chew on the wooden porch railings, grrrr :20:. Or race about on the roof early morning when you try to have a sleep in.

Always neat when the local wildlife is friendly :). Surprised your dog(s) did not keep it away.

For some reason I am more partial to rabbits than squirrels. At least rabbits do not climb trees to your bird feeder and ransack the seeds. Though I am sure if they were able to they would, haha! What I like about rabbits is they stay off the house and in the yard. The last place I lived the squirrels loved to chew on the wooden porch railings, grrrr :20:. Or race about on the roof early morning when you try to have a sleep in.

When those picture were taken Ringo was the only squirrel visitor but these days we have the rest of the group., John, George, Paul, the producer, the director, and half the darned audience come to the garden to chew on my nuts. Plus we have enough birds to make another two Hitchcock films. It costs a fortune to feed them all but it is worth every penny. PENNY? Huh, I should have said pounds/dollars.:42::cool2::geek2::eyesroll:
I wonder, are there any other nature lovers out there as mad as we are?

Peri I like the birds but all the feeding has caused a problem with rats, I shot two last summer and have already shot one this summer and one is still at large! I have seen squirrels in the past but touch wood not seen one for some time, as I live in the middle of a housing estate and in one of the older houses I have a decent sized garden, my problem is all the cats that come in from homes around with no decent gardens just a small lawn and a parking spot which to be honest is what most people want nowadays, some cant even manage that.

Back