Requesting a new password

cornishman

Junior Jedi
Staff member
Please read ALL of this post before procceeding
When an existing member visits this new vBulletin forum, your old passwords will not work.
You will need to "Request" a new password, this happens in four stages.
1: Visit THIS LINK which will take you the the lost password page.
2: When the page opens all you need to do is insert the email address you used when you first registered on the old forums. (If you can't remember the original email address or if it doesn't exist any more, DON'T PANIC, message either Terry or me and we can sort things out easily)
3: When you have inserted the email address, and pressed the "Request Username / Password Now" button an email will be sent to you which will give you a link to reset the old password, and will look similar to this:
You have requested to reset your password on Summerwine Forums because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the following page:
""http://www.summerwine.net/community/login.php?a=pwd&u=1&i=8cb414124b434a7ecc4f0cf790341670af0abaf9""

When you visit that page, your password will be reset, and the new password will be emailed to you.

Your username is: ******
4: Once you have clicked on the link in that email and reset your password you will get a second email which will include your existing username and new, temporary password which you will need to use to log into only the new forums.

I realise this is a total pain in the back, can be very frustrating, but theoretically it is a once only inconvenience.

Oh, one last thing the emails could take UP TO an hour to reach you, and please check your spam folders.

Back