release dates for next 2 uk DVD sets

jakob1978

Oh, thank you! I would love to have them, the first one in particular. I wonder why amazon hasn´t announced them yet.

I always buy my DVD's from Play.com
They are pretty quick at sending them out, never had a problem with them.

G ; )

the 2 new dvds are now available for pre-order on sendit.com. No details of the episodes but we must assume that they have got it right

What the hell are they playing at Both the 1995 Xmas special 'The Man Who Nearly Knew Pavarotti' and the whole of series 16 are missing >:(

Great spot by stewpot01 - what HAS happened to Series 16 ? - is it just down to the BBC forgetting about their previous cock up with the labelling of the previous box set?
Just another major irritation from the BBC !!!!

I know this might be getting the topic off track sort of, but the main concern I've had about the latest DVD releases, at least for series 8 and possibly the next couple was the talk about edited scenes on the UK regions spreading to the US regions. Can anyone specify which ones had these supposed edits and what it had to do with?

sendit.com have now published the series list on their web site and indeed it does NOT include series 16. It also shows that the cover picture for both 17/18 and 19/20 is the same for both. So it seems that is a cock up all round

Great spot by stewpot01 - what HAS happened to Series 16 ? - is it just down to the BBC forgetting about their previous cock up with the labelling of the previous box set?
Just another major irritation from the BBC !!!!

I recall that I did read (not sure if it was on here, and if so my apologies to the original poster) that the tape for that particular special and series was in a bad state and they were having trouble re-mastering it.
It's not actually the BBC who are at fault here, but Universal Playback who hold the rights to the DVD releases.
I emailed them as soon as I read this, but I won't hold out for a reply. In the 10 years that I have subscribed to that website they have only ever replied to one of my enquiries, not good customer relations at all. :(

I suspect that these sets are really our series 16/17 and 18/19 and that the person who put the programme names had forgotten (or wasn't aware) of the earlier series 9 split into 9/10. Let's wait and see what comes out. Certainly series 16 is still regularly shown on Gold so I am sure that it is not lost.

Back