R U OK?

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Is everybody OK? I was overcome by the heat during the course of the night and thought my time had come. In spite of all our efforts, we could not cool the house down. The house is insulated throughout to keep us warm in winter. That means it retains heat, in summer. We could not get it below 84 degrees. Take one off that and you have my age so I am not made to cope with hot weather these days. After plenty of cold drinks this morning I am feeling much better now. I hope everybody else is OK.
We are changing the name of the house from Rose Cottage to Micro-wave House. :42::37::18:

My flat was same. Insulated for winter but no aircon for summer. Warm days , 9 out of 10 windows are open.

Sweltering but keeping cool with plenty of chilled drinks and lots of windows open plus the fan which is normally only used for exercise biking!
Glad you are OK Peri.

We knew when we moved into this home 9 years ago it was a cook house in the summer, so pretty quick we had a air con unit fitted, which served the front of the house okay but never really cooled the back, so this year we added a small unit for the bedroom, and that has been a godsend, the other advantage they act as a cheap source of heat in the cold weather

Checked his home page. Looks good but no prices given. I will give 'em a call next Monday. Having said that, it be could another 17 years before we have another day like that. That would make me 100 years old.:eek:

Checked his home page. Looks good but no prices given. I will give 'em a call next Monday. Having said that, it be could another 17 years before we have another day like that. That would make me 100 years old.:eek:

Don't forget you can also use it as a cheap heat source in the cold weather

Back