Pilot

Leeds has the only other Harvey Nicks store in the country.

Apart from where? If you mean apart from London and are being parochially English, be aware there is one in Manchester. And if you mean the whole of the United Kingdom, there is one in Edinburgh.

Leeds has the only other Harvey Nicks store in the country.

Apart from where? If you mean apart from London and are being parochially English, be aware there is one in Manchester. And if you mean the whole of the United Kingdom, there is one in Edinburgh.

I have obviously had a sleep since I last shopped for big name stores! :eek: :-[ :(Thanks for correcting me - I was right once!!

The country I think of as England - Scotland I have long regarded as separate. ;) ;)

Thanks so much for your recent replies Big UNC and Barmpot,

I am gaining so much knowledge from the first series. So not only were the guys redundant but they did actually have backgrounds as to why they were redundant? Clegg's trade becoming extinct, Compo traditionally collecting unemployment, and cut backs in military activities causing Blamire to be redundant. Add to this, a drepessed setting in Yorkshire and it all comes together. I have uncovered so much depth from the storyline behind the start of this show.

Thanks for the education.

Yes, I didn't know what redundant meant in Brit speak either. To me redundant is when you repeat something unnecessarily. I think, Codfanglers, you and I must be in the same area in the US. My PBS station (MPT) just started the series over again too, last week, they started over again. Isn't it frustrating to see the "specials" go by again and again without ever being shown? At one time though, several years back, even the early years of LOSW were not shown, only from about the late '80's were shown. Then just about 2 maybe 3 years ago they started showing the program from the very beginning. So it's good to see all these early year's episodes which they also always used to skip.

Yes, I didn't know what redundant meant in Brit speak either. To me redundant is when you repeat something unnecessarily. I think, Codfanglers, you and I must be in the same area in the US. My PBS station (MPT) just started the series over again too, last week, they started over again. Isn't it frustrating to see the "specials" go by again and again without ever being shown? At one time though, several years back, even the early years of LOSW were not shown, only from about the late '80's were shown. Then just about 2 maybe 3 years ago they started showing the program from the very beginning. So it's good to see all these early year's episodes which they also always used to skip.

Yes, MPT...Maryland Public Television! I am in the DC suburbs. Anyway, I think it might have been you that commented on enjoying the change of eras and characters and how it is refreshing to see after a while. For example, I enjoy the 2000-07 era the most and while I am learning a lot by watching the Blamire years, it is be A WHILE until I see Truly, Billy, etc. However, it will be so rewarding once I see them again.

At one time though, several years back, even the early years of LOSW were not shown, only from about the late '80's were shown. Then just about 2 maybe 3 years ago they started showing the program from the very beginning. So it's good to see all these early year's episodes which they also always used to skip.

To touch on what "Who Is That Then" is saying about the episodes on Public Television...

American Public Television airs what British shows they believe will have a great appeal to American viewers. I might be wrong, but I think their target audience is in the 60's and up. I think the 70's Summer Wine, being purely dialogue driven and having British-specific topics, is considered not having a mass appeal to an American audience (unlike the late Foggy years or early Truly years). I know I was not ready to fully appreciate the Blamire years right away. It took me some time to develop an appreciation for the entire series before I could get into this era.

I am 36 and younger than Public Television's target audience. I generally think of most Summer Wine fans as older but I am surprised to find even younger fans here.

I recorded them off MPT, but I watch it about once a week on Tuesday nights. I am currently watching the final season of the series for the first time. I have seen the rest of the series BUT out of order. I first started watching on Christmas holidays about 6 years ago, that's when I "discovered" the show just by accidental channel surfing. I started watching the Foggy years, and I was totally hooked from the moment I saw it. I watched everyday while on Christmas vacation that year and that's when I started recording it. I still wish I could see the specials. After I watch this final season I will have seen the whole series once thru (minus most of the specials). I love to watch the show anytime but I find watching late at night makes me very relaxed and ready for a night of ZZZZZ's.

I wish it was on TV over here. There's nothing like seeing your favorite show on tv.

There is such thing as downloading and you can have every series of LOTSW . I have a room which I call my library full of dvd's that I downloaded of old and new comedies. If not I would be lost as here in Malta we do not get many if any Brit shows.. Where are you from??

Back