Peter Sallis R.I.P.

Oh so sad to hear about Peter Sallis' death. So glad we are able to watch his character Cleggy on TV etc. He can now join Compo, Foggy, Truly et al in the other Summer Wine country. RIP Cleggy. X

So sad to hear of " Cleggy's " passing, it's as if we have lost a family member such is the sadness in our household at the moment. We have decided to get the DVD's out tonight and watch some of his finest moments....which will be so difficult to pick as they were all so good. RIP Peter.....your Summerwine friends are waiting for you in heaven.

A very very sad day not only for we more mature fans of LOTSW , as the last stalwart of the show sadly passes away, but for fans young and old of Wallace and Gromit , never again will Wallace utter " Nice Cheese Gromit" .He is irreplaceable and anyone else , should Aardman choose to make more, would be merely a poor substitute. He brought such pleasure and entertainment to the the masses he fully deserves the reverence he will surely be accorded.

It is the middle of the night here. Something woke me and I wandered down to my computer room to check my mail. I logged in here and just saw the news!
The world is not a nice place at the moment and it has now lost another person who spent his life trying to make it a bit cheerier.

Sometimes life sucks!

R.I.P. Peter Sallis

A very sad day for the forum indeed.

His performance as Clegg was never less than perfect. He was Clegg. Always believable, and more importantly, always watchable.

Only yesterday I glanced through Andrew Vine's book and read Clegg's monologue from The Loxley Lozenge about Hitler being an Ovaltinie. These little speeches which he would do from time to time were brilliantly delivered by Peter Sallis.

Thanks Peter for all those wonderful shows, and remember that in 100 years people will still be watching them.

Sad times for the loss of Peter Sallis. My heart go out to his family and loved ones.

One of my most favorite actors ever. Someone who seemed like an incredibly nice person one would want to enjoy a cuppa with and listen to him tell a humorous life experience story. Much like when he would share little speeches or shards of wisdom in LotSW.

You made it there ahead of us. Have a toast with Earnshaw, Compo, Wally, Syd and the others with a cuppa celestial brew for the rest of us. Say Hi to my folks as well, please. Thank you for the laughs and smiles you have given us over the years. You will be missed Peter Sallis, RIP.

Okay, I've just now found out the unfortunate news.

I'm really sorry to see you go, Peter, but look! You've left a wonderful legacy in your wake! It's also too bad I never got a chance to meet you in person but in a way, I like to think I have through some of your works.

Anyway, it seems my username is certainly more appropriate than before.

Rest In Peace, Peter.

Sad news indeed. i am fortunate that I have some recordings of Peter Sallis being interviewed on local radio where his own thoughts come through. I must dust off those cassettes and re-listen.

(Possibly need to turn them into a digital format as well then could share).

Back