Peter Sallis in Catweazle.

ferret

Dedicated Member
I was absolutely delighted to find that one of my childhood favourites ( Catweazle) is being shown again on uk tv -talking pictures. Peter was a good friend of the brilliant Geoffrey Bayldon and he appeared in the third episode of the first series. My wife thinks i've lost the plot as i sit watching it laughing my head off:Dpeter-sallis-is-95-136403684156426903-160201084101.jpg Brian Wilde also turns up in a later episode.catw0107.jpg

There's some great old films on Talking pictures. Just watched Richard Beckinsale in The Lovers, i've not seen this film for years. All good fun and John Comer brilliantly playing his dad.

Starring the wonderful but taken far too early Richard Beckinsale as Geoffrey Bubbles Bon Bon and the underrated Paula Wilcox as the long suffering Beryl, a very gentle comedy but cleverly done recall watching the TV series in the very early seventies , made on the back of the Swinging Sixties remember it revolving around Beryl avoiding an encounter with "Percy Filth" . Paula Wilcox was great in Man About the House and recently Boomers and Upstart Crow . I think I mentioned her as being a shoe in for a LOTSW revival in another thread if I didn't then I should have .

I also recommend Forces TV on sky it has lots of the vintage ITV comedy, like Bless This House, the brilliant Slingers Day with Leonard Rossiter starts this Friday.

The less said about the sequel, Trippers Day with Bruce Forsyth the better!!!!

Back