other British comedies

sewellb

I have just secured the entire 4 seasons of In Loving Memory with Thora Hird (edie) and Christopher Beeny who was in a few shows as Barry's neighbor. I also acquired Season 1 of Moody and Pegg with Judy Cornwell (Keeping Up Appearances) and an old movie titled Laughterhouse with Bill Owen (Compo) in it. Laughterhouse was about a farmer in the country north of London and his trek to walk 500 geese to market in London. Bill Owen played the part of one of his employees. Pretty good watching, if for no other reason than to see Compo.

I'll let you know how the rest fare after I've had a chance to watch them.

I have just secured the entire 4 seasons of In Loving Memory with Thora Hird (edie) and Christopher Beeny who was in a few shows as Barry's neighbor. I also acquired Season 1 of Moody and Pegg with Judy Cornwell (Keeping Up Appearances) and an old movie titled Laughterhouse with Bill Owen (Compo) in it. Laughterhouse was about a farmer in the country north of London and his trek to walk 500 geese to market in London. Bill Owen played the part of one of his employees. Pretty good watching, if for no other reason than to see Compo.

I'll let you know how the rest fare after I've had a chance to watch them.

Not a comedy but The Way To The Stars (Johnny in the Clouds), which Bill Owen was in also is a very good movie. Michael Redgrave and John Mills are first rate.
Enjoyed The Vicar of Dibley very much when I watched that series a few years back. It is very adult though, so if a bit of racy humor is not your cup of tea, definitely steer clear.

I have a dvd of a comedy series called "Yanks go Home" my humble apologies to all American friends for the title ! :-[
Peter Sallis is in some of the episodes which is why I bought it.
Also "The Capone Investment" not a comedy but again Peter is in it playing a creepy man from the DI6 what ever that is! anyway he turns out to be the baddy and gets shot.
Then there is "Clash by Night" an old film from the fifties I think, and guess what ?! Peter is in it, this time playing a demented prisoner.
I do enjoy watching LOTSW actors playing other parts they were and are so talented.

T'other night watched a new show Pat and Cabbage with Barbara Flynn and
Peter Davidson. Really enjoyed that!!! Gonna look for it again.

Back