Ongoing server slowdowns

cornishman

Junior Jedi
Staff member
Over the past 24 hours our websites have been suffering from outtages and more recently, slow-downs. This is because the engineers in the datacentre where the websites are hosted are having serious problems having replaced some networking components.
The website should be stable, but there will still be occassional slow-downs.
We are very sorry for this.

Further to my previous announcement, I feel I must explain about the major failure of our website.

The engineers at the data centre where the websites are hosted told me that they discovered multiple network hardware failures, and they ended up having to replace a large number of hardware components.

We're talking seriously large data centre, I mean really BIG, tens of thousands of sites were affected, not just ours, and it's not like unscrewing the side of your computer to change the network card! Finally they had to reboot the entire system, this apparently takes up to two hours, there are that many systems to take into consideration.

They supply us with a pretty fine service. I've been hosting websites for over ten years now, and this is still the fastest system I've ever used. I know the sites were down for a couple of days, but I can live with that because the rest of the time the service they provide is nearly perfect!

Further to my previous announcement, I feel I must explain about the major failure of our website.

The engineers at the data centre where the websites are hosted told me that they discovered multiple network hardware failures, and they ended up having to replace a large number of hardware components.

We're talking seriously large data centre, I mean really BIG, tens of thousands of sites were affected, not just ours, and it's not like unscrewing the side of your computer to change the network card! Finally they had to reboot the entire system, this apparently takes up to two hours, there are that many systems to take into consideration.

They supply us with a pretty fine service. I've been hosting websites for over ten years now, and this is still the fastest system I've ever used. I know the sites were down for a couple of days, but I can live with that because the rest of the time the service they provide is nearly perfect!

Bigger than My Sinclair Spectrum

Back