ONE HIT WONDERS

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
This could be part of the Favourite Music thread .......My fave one hit wonder is The Swingin Blue Jeans singing " Hippy Hippy Shake". I first saw my wife dancing to this record and the rest as they say is history. ;)

I saw them in the Swansea Grand with an ex boyfriend. It was a really good show. They were part of the silver 60's tour. Also present was another 1 hit wonder, Peter Starstedt, singing 'Where Do You Go To My Lovely'.

I've never watched Heartbeat. Everyone says I should as I love the music of the 1960's.

:D Two more hits that didnt lead to more were PIPELINE by the CHANTAYS and
WIPEOUT by the SURFARIS. I enjoyed both at the time but did not save the records ::)

Anyone remember an awful song called Star Trekkin by the Firm it went straight to no 1 in the eighties and never heard of them again. ;D :D

Apropos of not a lot Rhi, if you read any of the books that the series is based on you will find his name in the books is not Rowan but Rea or Rhea( I forget which spelling for the moment :-[)

There are books too? It must be popular. I seem to watch very little on telly these days. I see Summer Wine isn't on Gold from next Friday.

There are books too? It must be popular. I seem to watch very little on telly these days. I see Summer Wine isn't on Gold from next Friday.
The books are by Nicholas Rhea. First one of the series was Constable On The Hill ( based on his experience as a village bobby in N Yorks.) These are what Heartbeat was based on. :)

By the way Rhi I dont know what listings you use but Summer Wine is not on Gold next sat or sun but is back to normal on the monday . I think they are doing a weekend of some other show(probably Fools and Horses maybe??)

By the way Rhi I dont know what listings you use but Summer Wine is not on Gold next sat or sun but is back to normal on the monday . I think they are doing a weekend of some other show(probably Fools and Horses maybe??)

What fools and horses again!!! i like the show but gold do go overboard with it a bit when they devote whole weekends to it. :)

They are showing Fools and Horses also Vicar of Dibley.both on Sat and Sunday. They are mixing in Miss Congeniality also Austin Powers on both days. They are showing The Old Guys in the early hours .

Hiya, Dick. Summer Wine back on next week? Excellent. The more I watch this era the better I like Alvin. You know what? I think Jean Fergusson is brilliant. Not just the Howard/ Marina exchanges, as great as they are, but the whole delivery of the lines. She's very good, isn't she?

Hello Rhi, there are a couple of Summer wines on Yesterday channel on saturday and sunday but its the same ones on both days! Yes Jean Fergusson is good , some of her expressions and sighs when Howard fails again are priceless .You can almost feel her frustration!! :eek:

For a while Gold was showing a different era to Yesterday. Now they're overlapping. I don't really mind, as long as they keep it on air.

Back