On The Buses 50th Anniversary

Jack did seem to have the chat with the Clippies!

I found a good deal online for the complete box set of the series on DVD and ordered it up. Does not contain the movies, just all of the series episodes.

Thanks for the reminder on the movies. Just found and bought a deal on them as well.

Have you seen the spin off Don't Drink the Water, if so did you like it? Found a nice deal of about $10 for the DVD online and ordered it because of Stephen Lewis. :)

Always nice to add some more Brit-Coms to the video collection.

Last edited:
No, I've never seen Don't Drink The Water. I'll see whether they're any episodes of Youtube and I will tell you what I thought of it. :)

If you look at IMDB for the series Rick there are two lengthy subscriber reviews which may persuade you to postpone buying. In the end we all have different tastes but the reviews give a decent synopsis of what it was about .

Thanks captain. I did not see your post until after I had placed the order. It is only roughly $12 with shipping. If it turns out I don't care for the series then no real loss on my part. I can always pass it on to someone who may appreciate it more. I had seen it several times more expensive in the past which had me hesitant to purchase it until now.

Louise, I will let you know what I think of it after Don't Drink the Water arrives if you are interested. Thank you for reminding me of On the Buses. I enjoy the show and am glad to have found a deal on a box set for it. Eagerly awaiting it's arrival as I have not seen the entire series yet. Apologies if I had pulled this thread off topic.

This is scary and went to post it up
Ive been watching the movies over and over in last few weeks!!!!!!
how you see all the people in the background etc....

also downloaded the series, and been through that too LOL!

God they are great memories!

Looked for a thread about shows decided to use this one . I have been watching Warren , a new BBC comedy with all episodes to date [5] on the IPlayer . I think its quite good and worth a watch . Martin Clunes [he of men behaving badly and Doc Martin] is Warren who is in a relationship with a lady who has two teenage sons . He is the most bad tempered of Driving Instructors which is all I am going to tell you but its well worth a watch I found myself laughing out loud at how he behaves .

I thought I had seen it captain when you mentioned Martin going out with a lady that has some kids. Then I realized the show I was thinking of is William and Mary. Another good one if you are a Clunes fan. He is more Doc Martin-ish in that one as he plays an undertaker. Thought him really funny in Men Behaving Badly. :29:

Hiya @captain clutterbuck I finally got to watch the first few episodes of Warren and really like it so far. Several laugh out load moments in each episode that I have seen. Only half way through the season. The character really suits Martin Clunes. Shame the powers at be are not continuing the show. I can see it may not be for everyone, but it is still better than a lot of things currently being produced. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Back