Now for something completely different ?

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Not owning a car, is there any rule about how big the letters and numbers on the plate should be ? There is one parked opposite me and the numbers etc areless than half size ! :confused2: :eyesroll:

Interesting, here in the States ours are all standardized to some extent. Is it a plate from another country in the EU? I thought the plates varied in dimensions from country to country.

I started noticing more since lockdown and personalised number plates. This one appears to be British.:08:

I think there are rules about size, style of print, and even where gaps between the letters and numbers have to be.

Everything is supposed to be the same, basically.

Some people with no actual life try to re-position certain letters/numbers in an attempt to make it look like it spells out a particular word, like a personalised number plate - but to my mind if you have to mess about like that it will just look rubbish, as it's so obviously badly done.

Yes there definitely is Dick, the police will pull you up if the spacing is wrong or the digits are not clear. Often the fonts etc are changed to make the car more difficult to be identified by speed cameras, hence why the police clamp down on them!

Back