Normality

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
At last we have taken the first steps back to normality. It is so good to see people, on the news, taking walks in the parks, in the countryside and children meeting their friends. I do hope that this progress continues. This is our third attempt at recovery and I worry that we are taking things a little too fast. I pray that my worries will be unfounded. It is akin to playing tennis with hand grenades. Take care everyone and hopefully we will all be soon re-united with our family, friends, and loved ones.
Peri.

Thanks for your reassuring mail Graham. I often wonder if my silly stories are becoming boring or not. My intention is to, hopefully, make people smile. I worry about boring people. When I write I hoist my laptop onto my lap, {where else would you put a laptop?} and just write about the first thing that comes into my head which is usually a bullet from my wife's Smith and Wesson revolver. It's a good job I am empty headed otherwise the projectile could do some damage. I remember on one occasion she shot me with some cocoa beans, some sugar, then drenched my ear hole with two pints of semi skimmed milk. The next time I sneezed an eight ounce bar of milk chocolate shot out of my hooter.
That is my nutty self Graham, I really had no idea what I was going to write about. I hold my fingers over the keyboard and out it comes. I could write silly stuff all day. However, I do have thoughts about the problems that are prevalent in the UK but keep them to myself. Coming out of lock down for example, I do hope it works, 'but'.

All should be well with the vaccine and herd immunity, fingers crossed. It's busy on the Beaties webcam & tour bus is standing there too.

As the advert says " Were we ever normal ??" Stay as you are Peri, It will all come out in the wash! I just hope something good comes from it all and We can hopefully all meet up one day in better times!!:13:;)

At last we have taken the first steps back to normality. It is so good to see people, on the news, taking walks in the parks, in the countryside and children meeting their friends. I do hope that this progress continues. This is our third attempt at recovery and I worry that we are taking things a little too fast. I pray that my worries will be unfounded. It is akin to playing tennis with hand grenades. Take care everyone and hopefully we will all be soon re-united with our family, friends, and loved ones.
Peri.

This is one of the many problems with lockdowns. If they do work (the evidence for their effectiveness is surprisingly mixed) then all they do is delay the inevitable. I think that as a society we need to be fully apprised of the context of Covid compared to other risks and agree whether we change the habits of a lifetime and give up freedoms and things that make life worth living to try and reduce deaths from one particular cause. Unfortunately neither the media or government really want us to be aware of the full context. Ironically, given that a lot of people died from Covid and that lockdowns have been an unprecedented policy, and in some aspects are more restrictive than in wartime, the govt stopped considering Covid to be a high consequence infectious disease before the first lockdown in March 2020.

Anyway, that's my several pennorth. It is nice to see life getting back to normal.

Back