Nice Railtour

So if you buy two first class dining tickets at £295 each. they will sit you at a two seater table, but they add an extra £60 surcharge

So if you buy two first class dining tickets at £295 each. they will sit you at a two seater table, but they add an extra £60 surcharge
I've recently paid nearly £250 for a first class return from Shrewsbury to London which includes a greasy spoon style bacon sarnie and a stewed tea! I think £295 for a proper first class journey with silver service and helping to preserve heritage trains is very good value for money :)

I've recently paid nearly £250 for a first class return from Shrewsbury to London which includes a greasy spoon style bacon sarnie and a stewed tea! I think £295 for a proper first class journey with silver service and helping to preserve heritage trains is very good value for money :)
Wow a lot of money for that trip Barry, I suppose what is keeping the price up of these railtours, is they have to have empty seating in between, so nowhere is the amount of passengers they would normally take

If you're wanting to buy an open class ticket an travel at peak time to London, it's ridiculously expensive, as they know most are paid on the corporate account.
I live very close to the Severn Valley and I know they're really struggling as many of their volunteers and customers are in the high risk groups!
I appreciate the Pullman is more a commercial enterprise, but I'd encourage anyone to support their local heritage railway as they need the support more now than ever!

If you're wanting to buy an open class ticket an travel at peak time to London, it's ridiculously expensive, as they know most are paid on the corporate account.
I live very close to the Severn Valley and I know they're really struggling as many of their volunteers and customers are in the high risk groups!
I appreciate the Pullman is more a commercial enterprise, but I'd encourage anyone to support their local heritage railway as they need the support more now than ever!

Some moons ago I was a guard on the Northampton & Lamport railway, I really enjoyed my 3 years there, but moving to Yorkshire made it a no go

Speaking of trains, one time (I forget which episode) they showed a canal (?) going over a railroad track (yes, a canal going over a railroad track) and they just happened (kudos to the cameraman) to catch a train going by.

Speaking of trains, one time (I forget which episode) they showed a canal (?) going over a railroad track (yes, a canal going over a railroad track) and they just happened (kudos to the cameraman) to catch a train going by.

Yes that was a Seymour episode, filmed at Tunnel End near Marsden, used to be the longest tunnel in the world when built

Back