New Forum design.

Blue summer

Dedicated Member
Whilst i'm sure that there were valid reasons for altering the style of the forum, i would like to know what prompted it.
I don't have a real problem with the new layout as such, although one thing that has concerned me, is that with the old forum, the latest posts would show in the catagories in bold letters, now it seems that ALL of the last posts are in bold, whatever month or year that they were posted.

Previously, you could tell at a glance if anyone had posted, due to it standing out in bold.
Now you have to check out all of the cat headings, to see if the date of posting is recent...or not.

If that pretty small (but possibly overlooked) issue is adressed, then i think the forum will be as it was, apart from the styling, which i'm getting more used to with each visit.

G ; ) :thumbs up:

Whilst i'm sure that there were valid reasons for altering the style of the forum, i would like to know what prompted it.
I don't have a real problem with the new layout as such, although one thing that has concerned me, is that with the old forum, the latest posts would show in the catagories in bold letters, now it seems that ALL of the last posts are in bold, whatever month or year that they were posted.

Previously, you could tell at a glance if anyone had posted, due to it standing out in bold.
Now you have to check out all of the cat headings, to see if the date of posting is recent...or not.

If that pretty small (but possibly overlooked) issue is adressed, then i think the forum will be as it was, apart from the styling, which i'm getting more used to with each visit.

G ; ) :thumbs up:
There is a 'Show unread posts since last visit' at the top of the page which I find very handy.

Hi Members

I thought the new design on the forum was easy on the eye and would be a nice change,if it causes any issues I am happy to try another design and see if that is any better,until we find one we all seem happy with,let me know

Terry

Hi Members

I thought the new design on the forum was easy on the eye and would be a nice change,if it causes any issues I am happy to try another design and see if that is any better,until we find one we all seem happy with,let me know

Terry

I'm happy with it Terry.No problemo

I like it aswell, no complaints from me Terry, I'm used to it already.

All good for me too, like it.
Like it even more after Georges tip on the viewing unread posts since last visit, Never noticed it before ,very handy.Cheers Terry, CHeers, George. :)

It took me a bit to get used to the new look - everything seems darker (well, because it IS darker...) but I have no problems with it. And I like the "show unread posts" feature; that's very handy. And Happy Birthday to the forum too. Many happy returns.

Sorry to disagree with so many, but I find the new colour scheme
much more difficult to see. Perhaps due to my advanced age
and decrepit eyes!

I just did a side-by-side comparison with a page from the
Summer Wine Chronicle forum. The chronicle layout is so
much brighter and easier to read for me.

I can handle the new layout with some careful viewing,
so if it's alright with everyone else I can and will work
with it.

chuck

Yes, it is a bit dark, but it doesn´t bother me, but I can see how it would bother people with bad eyesight. Funny, I don´t even need the new posts button, new things are shown in darker colours than old ones.

Please let me know if this theme is any better for you all,Thanks,Terry

Oh christ no! Put it back, way back. The original
is best; the second shot was not so bad. This
is blinding!

sorry ... i can easily migrate ... don't worry bout me

Eye Yam Olde

Umm, isn´t this what it looked like before ???? I´m alright with everything!
Perhaps we should do what our members with bad eyesight find best. LOL, Terry, it looks as if you have to try a few more until everyone is satisfied ;D.

There is a new version of the forum database software due out soon,at the moment it is only in it's beta format,when the fully working version is released and installed,I will have new themes to play with,so until then we will stick with this theme,Terry

Thanks so much! That is much better. (Sorry to
be such a problem.)

BTW - is there a key somewhere to define all the
various icons that appear on the left side of each
different page? For example, on the main Forum
page there are squares/diamonds to the left of
each group; some black some bluish.

On each group page there are two columns of icons
down the left side.

And within each subject there are a series
of icons under each contributor.

Hi Terry

Does the new (coming) version have a choice between themes for members?
I installed 3 a 4 themes in a phpBB- forum, because of the same kind of discussion.
Keeps everyone satisfied ;)

I'm fine with either theme, but is there a way to keep the "show unread posts" function? It's quite a handy little feature to have.

I will also second cciaffone's question - is there some function to explain the various icons on the pages?

Thanks so much! That is much better. (Sorry to
be such a problem.)

BTW - is there a key somewhere to define all the
various icons that appear on the left side of each
different page? For example, on the main Forum
page there are squares/diamonds to the left of
each group; some black some bluish.

On these icon mousing over them explains what they are supposed to do

On each group page there are two columns of icons
down the left side.

These icons are expained at the base of the page

And within each subject there are a series

Once again if they are moused over they explain what they are for,hope this helps,Terry

I Have just discovered that each member can make a limited choice for a them of thier preference,Try This and let me know

Go to Profile
On the left hand side of screen under Modify,click on Look and Layout preferences
Then on the main page that loads,under current theme Click Change
This will then offer the themes available,find a theme you like and then click use this theme,it will then change for your use only
Job Done

Off course if you do not like what you have choosen,then try another
The green theme I used was called Omega Green 1.1.12

Hope this helps,Terry

I Have just discovered that each member can make a limited choice for a them of thier preference,Try This and let me know

Go to Profile
On the left hand side of screen under Modify,click on Look and Layout preferences
Then on the main page that loads,under current theme Click Change
This will then offer the themes available,find a theme you like and then click use this theme,it will then change for your use only
Job Done

Off course if you do not like what you have choosen,then try another
The green theme I used was called Omega Green 1.1.12

Please note you will get the global theme until you log into your account,when it will change to the one you selected
Hope this helps,Terry

"And within each subject there are a series

Once again if they are moused over they explain what they are for,hope this helps,Terry"

Not with Seamonkey!!

Back