NEW CAR

On the subject of cars, am I the only one who's cars go as far as the one on Onslow's front garden lately!?

On the subject of cars, CXE604J is up for sale on facebook market place. Deep pockets required! Nice to see it surface again & restored. I hope another enthusiast get this one.

My car goes back in April, id love a classic car like that - do you have a link, I'm not on facebook?

Thanks, that's priced really really strongly even taking it provenience into account....
Yes, having a look around there’s a lot cheaper for sale. You can’t really add the cost of all the recent refurbishment s onto the selling price. I have a campervan that is approaching 40 years old and I know I will never get the extra money I have had to spend on it over the years if I decided to sell it. Nice car though.

Thanks, that's priced really really strongly even taking it provenience into account....
There is another red one on FB, same condition but 75% less mileage for £20,000 less, so the price is steep for the few times it was seen on the show

I feel the fact it has been used in the series shouldn't really make much difference at all to price, it was on of 3 used and it's nowhere near as icon as Del & Rodneys Reliant for example. I suspect the seller is testing the market and I very much doubt he will get that unless the car is in concours condition.

I suppose its all about what people are prepared to pay , John Lennon's Roller ,which is currently in a museum in British Columbia, Canada , was bought in 1985 for $2.3M and is worth nearly $7M today so its all relative . The article about it pointed out that the psychedelic paint job was in fact House latex paint so they have to be careful when they move it can't take it out in the rain so in essence if you own it you can either exhibit it or only drive it on a sunny day good luck with that "up North" where I am , a quick tootle around Holmfirth would be out of the question . There's a series in this somewhere Stars Cars :- a history of the cars of the rich and famous , probably been made and I missed it though I remember the film the Yellow Rolls Royce .

Going off thread, but only slightly. Sometimes I'm amazed by coincidences, such as a plumber called Mr Waters. Well look at this oder of service for Thora. The Deans name is ...........! You couldn't make it up could you.View attachment 3958
Are you going to be buying this one too Graham, you could aim for the collection of all 3 Heralds!!!!!

Hi Barrychuckle, I'd love it but paid an arm n leg for WRH & cant afford to lose my last appendages. No doubt it's in better condition, just as it was in the show.

Back