Name the episode

Stop That Castle.
Not that one Adrian.
While it's technically correct, she did play another character in the parade, I'm looking for one episode where Jane Freeman and not Ivy played two characters. Jane Freeman alone and no other actor or character.
In the same way that Jean Fergusson played two characters in The Pony Set, there was one episode where Jane Freeman 'played' two characters.

Was the episode one of the later series or the earlier series?

I hate you Dick. ;)
That was exactly the same thing I was thinking of. All I had to do was to try and find the episode.
As a punishment put up those shelves again. :D

Not that one Adrian.
While it's technically correct, she did play another character in the parade, I'm looking for one episode where Jane Freeman and not Ivy played two characters. Jane Freeman alone and no other actor or character.
In the same way that Jean Fergusson played two characters in The Pony Set, there was one episode where Jane Freeman 'played' two characters.
I have seen LOTSW quite a few times but never caught on to the credits to 'The Pony Set' until you mentioned that Jean Fergusson played two characters. I didn't remember seeing her play two so I watched it again. I didn't see her when I watched it for the second time. I thought she might have been in the background. Then when I went through the credits I paused it to when it had Marina at the top. I read through and suddenly realised that the 'actor' playing Mrs Lucy was an anagram.

As the Ladies (Pearl, Nora, Edie, Ivy etc) would say I was using my man eyes.:frown2:

Was it the voice of Billy's wife when the shelves fell down "THE FRENCHIES ARE COMING?"
I think you may have the right scene but the wrong episode, Dick. That scene is in The General's Greatest Battle. It's hard to hear her voice because of the audience laughing, but it sounds like it could be Jane Freeman.

I think you may have the right scene but the wrong episode, Dick. That scene is in The General's Greatest Battle. It's hard to hear her voice because of the audience laughing, but it sounds like it could be Jane Freeman.
You are right. The shout 'Billy' comes after the audience laughing and hearing Ivy yelling before at the pests she has in the cafe it does sound like Jane Freeman.

I had a listen to The General's Greatest Battle. It sounds more like the voice of a younger woman there. I don't think it's Jane.

Last edited:
I heard the voice and wasn't sure of the episode.:fp:

Back