My Email to Amazon

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Today at 12.50 hrs I received an email from Amazon saying my order was a failed delivery, yet at 16.43 the item was delivered by hand at our door,even though the tracking states it was left on the doorstep.

Where I live there is a 24 hour security barrier and access to delivery vehicles can be gained by calling into the main office during normal business hours, outside of these hours an access code is required, which is changed on a daily basis and we can only find out by contacting the office during business hours.

At the moment the office is closed until after the New Year Holidays, so I have no way of obtaining this code.

None of these facts in an excuse to drive up to the barrier and think I cannot get access, as you have my telephone number, yet on several occasion drivers have complained to me they had a problem getting access, yet they did not bother to call me. I have also in the past obtained the access code for the day and forwarded this info to Amazon, yet I have still have had drivers complain of access issue's, it appears this information is not reaching them, or they are not bothering to check, again still no excuse as you have my telephone number.

If it were possible I would erect a large neon sign at the barrier entrance saying Amazon if you have a delivery for Mr Bartlam and the office is closed, ring him, you have his telephone number

I too get strange messages from delivery people, organisations. While not having a 24 hour security barrier it does seem to me that the delivery people expect us all to be waiting patiently for them - putting everything else on hold so their routine is not disturbed. I suppose this is called customer service!

A dark day for me I am now waiting for a courier who will bring my replacement Virgin TIVO box the current one has gone to Silicon Heaven [ Dwarfers will know what I mean] and taken with it my entire collection of Summer Wine Episodes [those I don't have on DVD] and other treasured programmes I will struggle to replace . I don't know how I stand if I try to dismantle current failed box and remove its hard drive [if indeed it is a hard drive, the box seems awfully light when you pick it up and hard drives are normally quite weighty chaps] and then swap with the one in the replacement they send but the odds on being able to do that look rather long . It is really quite frustrating because you cannot backup the disk to an external usb connected one from what I have gleaned thus far [appears you can on the US version of TIVO but not the UK] so looks like I have to accept I have lost my programmes :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

A dark day for me I am now waiting for a courier who will bring my replacement Virgin TIVO box the current one has gone to Silicon Heaven [ Dwarfers will know what I mean] and taken with it my entire collection of Summer Wine Episodes [those I don't have on DVD] and other treasured programmes I will struggle to replace . I don't know how I stand if I try to dismantle current failed box and remove its hard drive [if indeed it is a hard drive, the box seems awfully light when you pick it up and hard drives are normally quite weighty chaps] and then swap with the one in the replacement they send but the odds on being able to do that look rather long . It is really quite frustrating because you cannot backup the disk to an external usb connected one from what I have gleaned thus far [appears you can on the US version of TIVO but not the UK] so looks like I have to accept I have lost my programmes :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Looking on youtube it appears there is a hard drive inside, and as long as it is not the drive that has failed then there is no reason why you cannot swap the drives over, the drive will be formatted in the Linux format, it seems the biggest problem is having the correct type of screwdriver to open the case and the later box software does not complain about the old hard drive

Over the xmas period I had 2 deliveries via Hermes, no one was home at the time so a card was pushed through the door saying items were " Placed at the back door" not a problem, it's quite secluded back there, the only problem is they can't get through the back gate so the items weren't so much "Placed at the back door" as lobbed over the gate!

Friend in York had same problem Vase in Box marked fragile thrown over the garden fence now just shards and dust , driver left details when he was contacted said she was lucky to have it because when he was delivering some of the items were stolen when his Van , when he clearly thought well no one would dream of stealing anything from a Van with its doors open . Imagine he would have got the tin tack [sack]

Friend in York had same problem Vase in Box marked fragile thrown over the garden fence now just shards and dust , driver left details when he was contacted said she was lucky to have it because when he was delivering some of the items were stolen when his Van , when he clearly thought well no one would dream of stealing anything from a Van with its doors open . Imagine he would have got the tin tack [sack]
How can you be lucky to have something broken rather than not at all? Either way you do not have what you anticipated. Problem of delivery puts me off buying some things and I go without as too much hassle.

I had a so called e-mail from "Amazon" saying that I had ordered something from Wales and if I had not received to send my details to the address given. BEWARE!!! DO NOT REPLY

Yes I have had e mails from USPS suggesting that a delivery has failed. Unless any of my USA friends have sent an unsolicited parcel I am not expecting anything from there ...

Always look closely at the email address. If it starts with a character, i.e., underline or dash and there are a bunch of underlines or dashes in the address, DO NOT OPEN IT! Delete immediately.

Always look closely at the email address. If it starts with a character, i.e., underline or dash and there are a bunch of underlines or dashes in the address, DO NOT OPEN IT! Delete immediately.
my system does not immediately show the address just states it is USPS Ground Support which seems unlikely for the mid Pennines in the UK!!!

Back