Modern Habits

S

sir coffalot

::) Not sure how to approach this topic but do's anyone else find the modern thing for clapping themselves irritating? For instance the BORRO advert where they take off the dust sheet then give themselves a clap. ::) Any other modern stuff grate on anyones nerves??

Virtually everything in modern 'culture' not only gives me Eye AIDS but sees me reaching for a gun mate.
I can hardly watch anything new on TV anymore, I'm certainly not interested in any reality programme and I'm firmly of the belief that just like Politicians and Politics, those people who actually WANT to be on TV are theeeeeeeee very last people who should be allowed anywhere near it.
I'm not sure I actually belong in the modern world.

The clapping thing gets up my nose too,but it's the acceptance of swearing that gets me.The only time I swear personally is when I'm angry.This is when people know to keep out of my way.
Being agorophobic for the last few years I have started going out again and after being in a 'bubble' it came as quite a shock to the system to hear people of all ages effing and blinding without even noticing they are doing it.
Sorry for ranting.

The clapping thing gets up my nose too,but it's the acceptance of swearing that gets me.The only time I swear personally is when I'm angry.This is when people know to keep out of my way.
Being agorophobic for the last few years I have started going out again and after being in a 'bubble' it came as quite a shock to the system to hear people of all ages effing and blinding without even noticing they are doing it.
Sorry for ranting.
Virtually everything in modern 'culture' not only gives me Eye AIDS but sees me reaching for a gun mate.
I can hardly watch anything new on TV anymore, I'm certainly not interested in any reality programme and I'm firmly of the belief that just like Politicians and Politics, those people who actually WANT to be on TV are theeeeeeeee very last people who should be allowed anywhere near it.
Both replies also strike a chord with me!!! >:(

Sorry for ranting.

I would not call that a rant!

Swearing has always been with us, and from time to time it brings a certain force to feelings - nowadays I can only conclude that everyoen is more stressed if the "quality"of their language is anything to go by. I have also noticed that many comedy programmes now contain far more ofensive words than, say, in the 1970s - are they any better?

I can hardly watch anything new on TV anymore, .....

Nor am I!

Recently we are being encourgaed to switch over to digital TV in our region - I am almost wondering "why bother?"

Most reality prgrammes leave me cold, I am not over fond of talent shows and much of modern comedy is full of foul language for its laughs rather than clever writing and good acting. As my hearing goes the subtitles are infuriating as they lag considerably after what is said and are full of spelling errors which means I take longer to decipher them ....

Time to watch a few videos or DVDs of qulaity comedy ...

Back