Missing in Action

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Not only are we missing the show around this time of year,but I also miss popping over to the Holmfirth area during the August bank holiday weekend,normally they would be back filming often in Marsden at Aunties,then they would be in the hills for 3 to 4 weeks and it was a great comfort to know another series was in the can.

One year I went over a few days earlier,I was looking to see if aunties shop was being assembled,which was a good sign they were coming back soon, it took 3-4 days for them to put the shop together and get it all dressed,when I arrived the filming had already started just around the corner from auntie's, I did wonder what was going on as none of the normal crew seemed to be there,after a while a couple of cast members came out of the butchers shop and the penny dropped,this filming was for another show called "Where the Heart is" which Marsden was also used for some scenes.

The good news was Stephan and his crew were busy putting Aunties shop together, this was followed by Tom's shed the other side of the Valley at the back of a garden centre

Terry

You know, even though we have all accepted it's the end, the penny still hasn't quite dropped the full distance for me sometimes that there will never be another series.
I'm in a Hobbo phase at the moment and watching all the Russ episodes again and I have to say that he was a very good choice and a wonderful addition to the cast and I really would have liked to see where it all went and ended up with him. Once you see the last 2 series again, get used to him and the direction the show was going, you start to really appreciate him which makes all the more sad that it was ended when it was. It just had some new impetus and a new leading character, to kill it when it did was sad.
Had it all been ended before the 'Hitman for Primrose' special, then perhaps we could have had slightly less arguments.
I don't think it has quite sunk in properly, even now, how much I'm going to miss never seeing a new episode again.

Ah yes, often wandered in there after walking back
from Hepworth (Butcher's Arms), stopping in at
the Boot and Shoe, and then on into Wooldale.

This is part of our Holmfirth-Jackson Bridge walk.

Hah! I was about to question if there was other scenes for Tom's shed on here, but thinking about those scenes I realized it wasn't Tom's shed but the bus that he and Mrs. Avery had were parked. This scene is close to Totties, but I do believe it's in the field behind a house on Butterley Lane. So, my mistake and we all miss the series. I'm glad that I found another PBS station here in the States that is showing it. Plus, there's always the DVDs.

You know, even though we have all accepted it's the end, the penny still hasn't quite dropped the full distance for me sometimes that there will never be another series.
I'm in a Hobbo phase at the moment and watching all the Russ episodes again and I have to say that he was a very good choice and a wonderful addition to the cast and I really would have liked to see where it all went and ended up with him. Once you see the last 2 series again, get used to him and the direction the show was going, you start to really appreciate him which makes all the more sad that it was ended when it was. It just had some new impetus and a new leading character, to kill it when it did was sad.
Had it all been ended before the 'Hitman for Primrose' special, then perhaps we could have had slightly less arguments.
I don't think it has quite sunk in properly, even now, how much I'm going to miss never seeing a new episode again.

Russ Abbott was good fun on set while filming and I recall a joke he told one day during a break

He said his father was a Vet and a Taxidermist
So no matter what happened
You got your pet back

Back