Merrie Olde Christmas

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
We have just watched my favourite musical, Merrie Olde Christmas starring Bing Crosby, David Bowie, Stanley Baxter, Twiggy and our very own Captain Clutterbuck aka Ron Moody. We never miss watching this at Christmas. It is so sad that Bing never saw this film. He died five weeks after the last take. I never tire of smiling at Bing trying to keep a straight face when Stanley Baxter does his impression of Bob Hope. As usual, Ron Moody was superb. What is your favourite Christmas film?

I always watch It’s a Wonderful Life and apart from that it’s usually the old ‘70’s horror stories that they have been showing over the past few weeks, the Signalman, Icehouse and Stigma etc.
I thought the Mark Gatiss short ghost story the Mezzotint was excellent the other night.
Love all the Hammer films too, plenty on tv at the moment including the excellent Dr Terror’s House of Horror that was on last night. I’ve seen it sooooo many times but always watch it.

I always watch It’s a Wonderful Life and apart from that it’s usually the old ‘70’s horror stories that they have been showing over the past few weeks, the Signalman, Icehouse and Stigma etc.
I thought the Mark Gatiss short ghost story the Mezzotint was excellent the other night.
Love all the Hammer films too, plenty on tv at the moment including the excellent Dr Terror’s House of Horror that was on last night. I’ve seen it sooooo many times but always watch it.
I haven’t watched the Mezzotint yet ferret,I recorded it,I have just received a book of M.R.James ghost stories and apart from The Mezzotint there have also been two other of his ghost stories on over Christmas,A warning for the curious and Whistle and I’ll come to you.

Back