LotSW themed boat names

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

I was messing about earlier with a neat little game I just discovered that takes place in the sailing ship days. You can play as a pirate, merchant trader or pirate hunter. The characters are cartoon-ish ferrets. Which has me smile whenever I look at them and think Compo would approve given his love of the furry creatures. It has been great fun when ya just don't feel like doing the dishes or other chores at the moment.

Anyways, I was wondering about what would be some neat Summer Wine related boat names would be if I had a boat. Hoping we can think up some clever ones. Could be a silly name or serious. From First of or Last of the Summer Wine series.

What I have come up with so far:
Summer Wine
Nowhere Particular
Marina's Marina
Compo's Welly
Compo's Matchbox
Wesley's Shed

As you can see I could use some help with the names. Alright, time to go do some dishes... put them off long enough. :frown2: :redface2:

Hi all,

I was messing about earlier with a neat little game I just discovered that takes place in the sailing ship days. You can play as a pirate, merchant trader or pirate hunter. The characters are cartoon-ish ferrets. Which has me smile whenever I look at them and think Compo would approve given his love of the furry creatures. It has been great fun when ya just don't feel like doing the dishes or other chores at the moment.

Anyways, I was wondering about what would be some neat Summer Wine related boat names would be if I had a boat. Hoping we can think up some clever ones. Could be a silly name or serious. From First of or Last of the Summer Wine series.

What I have come up with so far:
Summer Wine
Nowhere Particular
Marina's Marina
Compo's Welly
Compo's Matchbox
Wesley's Shed

As you can see I could use some help with the names. Alright, time to go do some dishes... put them off long enough. :frown2: :redface2:
I like Nowhere Particular.

Some good ones there, thanks. Please feel free to add more if you think of them.
@JBCat is that a real thing - R.H. boating music? Sounds great if it is. I did not find anything in a quick Google search.
@Barrychuckle I thought that was a Back to the Future McFly reference at first until I looked it up, haha.

Hi Rick, the "boating music" - that's just my description of it. It's the lovely gentle music that is usually played when the trio (or maybe just two of them!) are gliding down a river or canal in a boat. A good example is in "Tarzan of the Towpath". It is identified as being called "Thrice Nicely" on a CD of Summer Wine music.

It would have to be a big boat to get that name on.o_O

Reminds me of Open All Hours when Arkwright is looking for ideas to cut out the supplier and make his own products and thinks about Treacle Toffee
"Just imagine it Granville loads of trucks travelling around the Country with A-a-a-a-arkwri-i-i-i-i-i-igts T-t-t-t-t-reacle T-t-t-t-t-t-toff-ff-ff-ffee on the side and Granville says they probably cannot get a lorry long enough to get that on!" :)

Back