LOTSW Fans....

Roz

I've been a fan of different shows, of artists and so on. I've been able to join in with groups and share with others who have my interests, and you get to know a fan base from its inside pretty well. Of all of them I must say, honestly and truthfully, "Last of The Summer Wine" has surely the nicest and warmest fans I've ever come across. So many here are proof of that.

I'd like to know, what has it been like for those of you who have actually met one another? At events or such? And do you agree most seem very exceptional people?

You all wouldn't believe the rabidness and acuteness many can have about things they care about, (though I'm sure LOTSW has those, too.) I know it is about loving something so much that you love it almost too much, but that it takes the fun out of things and things can even get nasty. But not so here. So please, don't ever change.

Stay just the way you are. :)

I've been a fan of different shows, of artists and so on. I've been able to join in with groups and share with others who have my interests, and you get to know a fan base from its inside pretty well. Of all of them I must say, honestly and truthfully, "Last of The Summer Wine" has surely the nicest and warmest fans I've ever come across. So many here are proof of that.

I'd like to know, what has it been like for those of you who have actually met one another? At events or such? And do you agree most seem very exceptional people?

You all wouldn't believe the rabidness and acuteness many can have about things they care about, (though I'm sure LOTSW has those, too.) I know it is about loving something so much that you love it almost too much, but that it takes the fun out of things and things can even get nasty. But not so here. So please, don't ever change.

Stay just the way you are. :)

Thanks Roz what a lovely thing to say

I love this forum, it's just like family,who you never get to meet, but are there for you when needed.

Yeah its one of the nicest forums i go on thats for sure. Nice people and well set out and a lot of knowledge. Long may it go on! For old english film lovers there is another great forum called britmovie.com and tv shows including lotsw get a mention also! Enjoy!

As the show was described as a Gentle comedy I suppose we can be classed as a gentle and friendly forum(which we are anyway).

I think this forum is successful because it is a reflection of the show itself. I have been a member of Summer Wine forums for 2 1/2 years and I have gradually developed the appropriate ettiqutte over time. For about a year or so I was a member of the expired forum where I came in sort of brash. I also trashed the Hobbo era at that time. Meanwhile, others were so hard on Tom and I seemed to be the one to officially stick up for him. I became a member here about a year and a quarter. Around that time I learned not to be so harsh on characters or eras because others may cherish them. Also, I have grown to like the Hobbo era. This was around the time that Summer Wine recently ended and so much was fresh on people's minds.

Now after the show have ended over two years ago, I feel the thoughts posted here are a bit more reflective. The result is a more gentle tone.

I think this forum is successful because it is a reflection of the show itself. I have been a member of Summer Wine forums for 2 1/2 years and I have gradually developed the appropriate ettiqutte over time. For about a year or so I was a member of the expired forum where I came in sort of brash. I also trashed the Hobbo era at that time. Meanwhile, others were so hard on Tom and I seemed to be the one to officially stick up for him. I became a member here about a year and a quarter. Around that time I learned not to be so harsh on characters or eras because others may cherish them. Also, I have grown to like the Hobbo era. This was around the time that Summer Wine recently ended and so much was fresh on people's minds.

Now after the show have ended over two years ago, I feel the thoughts posted here are a bit more reflective. The result is a more gentle tone.

I have twisted up my statements. My time in the old forum was around the cancellation of Summer Wine. The cancellation of the show had passed when I officially joined this site, around November of 2011. I just wanted to clarify.

Its down to the folks on here that this site is so good we all love the show and its great to be able to talk about it ,agree about other forums they can get nasty.A railway forum I used to post on has got to be a moaners forum and if you dont conform your posts are removed not good.

Its down to the folks on here that this site is so good we all love the show and its great to be able to talk about it ,agree about other forums they can get nasty.A railway forum I used to post on has got to be a moaners forum and if you dont conform your posts are removed not good.

Thats hardly fair Chris! Everyone has their own opinion and should be a able to express it, I'd hate to be a member of any forum like that. Thank goodness we're not like that. :)

I also used to be on the old forum, i think it was back in 2005 when i joined and then due to lack of funding to keep it going, it just remained static and nothing more was added to it if i remember rightly.
Then i found this site and forum and i agree with other comments, i've become quite fond of some of you.
It is like a family in many ways, like the family that would settle down after tea and watch our favorite programme.

I've also been a member of a few other forums, mainly motorcycle related and unfortunately, one or two people have caused problems with some rather caustic remarks, which have caused some members to leave.
We are all different and have different views on life, so naturally some of us will clash with those views but i'm sure that Summer wine fans are mature enough to realise that we can always sort any differences out amicably.

G ; )

Your post Roz is very true. These folks on this site are great. I have never joined a forum before, only have gone on them as a guest and I have seen some nasty stuff as well and it was one of the main reasons I never wanted to join a forum.
This one is quite different. Eventhough we disagree on things we kindly work through them.
I have enough drama in my life, I don't need it on a forum as well. I think it has to do with all of us just being real.

PS, they are nice to us yanks too,hehe ;D

Your post Roz is very true. These folks on this site are great. I have never joined a forum before, only have gone on them as a guest and I have seen some nasty stuff as well and it was one of the main reasons I never wanted to join a forum.
This one is quite different. Eventhough we disagree on things we kindly work through them.
I have enough drama in my life, I don't need it on a forum as well. I think it has to do with all of us just being real.

PS, they are nice to us yanks too,hehe ;D

Personally speaking I like Yanks ;D

I don't think it matters what you are, where you come from, or what you look like, its the person inside that matters, and friendly lively discussions are great fun. The important point I think is to be tolerant of each others views and opinions but still be able poke a gentle little fun at each other with out being unpleasant or hurtful

I don't think it matters what you are, where you come from, or what you look like, its the person inside that matters, and friendly lively discussions are great fun. The important point I think is to be tolerant of each others views and opinions but still be able poke a gentle little fun at each other with out being unpleasant or hurtful

That's a lovely way to put it, Norm, and quiet true. LOTSW fans, although leaning often towards a certain group, have always been very open to all ages, both genders and anyone, anywhere who loves the show and its endearing characters. Heck, after over 30 years, I think the show can offer something to just about anyone who will slow down and give it a chance. And heck. I'm STILL finding new things to love. :)

Back