LOTSW Crossovers

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I'd kick off 2020 with a puzzle, Hopefully this will be quite an inclusive question that most people can answer, but will get trickier as it goes along.....

How many actors who've appeared in LOTSW over the years have also appeared in Are You Being Served, I can think of 2 obvious ones and 2 more obscure, but I'm sure there may be more than 4.

One guess per post !

Last edited:
Terry you got my most obscure one straight away, Roger you got my semi obscure one ! Well done, I think he was wearing a kilt in AYBS if I remember correctly.

Pearl, that is a brilliant answer, I told you I didn't have all the answers.... So that's at least 5 crossover actors and counting.

I've just realised another extremely obscure one who had a small part in S19, so tricky it's probably only for Roger.....

Could that be Norman Mitchell? He played Duckworth in Beware of the Oglethorpe and played the uncle of Mrs Slocombe in one of the AYBS episodes.
Absolutely spot on !!!! You're a bloody genius Sir

Anyone else want to cover off the 2 easy ones?

Are you only including the main series and not the spin offs? ie not First of The Summer Wine and Grace & Favour (or Are You Being Served Again as it was known in the US?)

I can think of three more but I've had my turn so I'll leave it for a bit and see if anyone else would like to try.

Just realised Barrie Gosney had bit parts in both but I'm not counting the AYBS film, if that was one Roger?

Are you only including the main series and not the spin offs? ie not First of The Summer Wine and Grace & Favour (or Are You Being Served Again as it was known in the US?)
Yes, just the main series. The first one I'm thinking of appeared in the Blamire episodes. The second appeared in early Foggy episodes. The third appeared in a later Foggy episode, only a brief appearance but a very funny scene.

Back