LOTSW Crossovers V

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
This one may require some thinking.

Any LOTSW actors who have also appeared in Coronation Street, bonus points if you can provide both character names! A little clue some have appeared in Corrie after LOTSW finished.....

Here's a starter, Rita May [the wonderful Jean in Early Doors one of my favourite shows] was Celia in The Man who Invented Yorkshire Funny Stuff and was Connie Rathbone in Corrie.

I knew Kathy Staff was in Corrie, but I hadn't realised she played 4 different characters. However her main character was Vera Hopkins, can't remember the character she played in LOTSW ;););)

Jean Alexander-auntie wainwright/Hilda hogden
Jean ferguson-marina/Dorothy hoyle
Juliette kaplan-pearl/Agnes tinker
Joe gladwin-wally/Fred jackson

Kenneth Cope the long suffering Lance married to the somewhat boisterous Ethel , especially in the Love Mobile and All that Glitters is not Elvis episodes, was for many years Jed Stone in Corrie .

Jack Smethurst also played a few roles in Corrie, but the pinnacle of his career was playing Davenport in LOTSW !!!!!

I'm amazed Madge Hindle (Alf Roberts' wife) never appeared in LOTSW, she appeared in so many comedies over the years and I'm sure had the series continued her agent would've had a request for her to appear

Jon Horsley who was brilliant as the company Doctor in Reggie Perrin and Sir Ralph in You Rang M'Lord, probably my favourite Croft and Perry Comedy, donned the dog collar as a Vicar in LOTSW episodes The Three Astaires and Jubilee and he donned it again as the Reverend Nuttall in Corrie

Back