LOTSW Appreciation Society Journals - Who's Got Them?

Cap n Mac

From what I understand, the LOTSW Appreciation Society gave out Journals pertaining to the show filled with facts and other good stuff. Was any one here lucky enough to collect these Journals?

Yes I do have all the output as I was an early joiner. A lot was put on internet but some one else told me that it has now folded.

Yes I do have all the output as I was an early joiner. A lot was put on internet but some one else told me that it has now folded.

You say you have all of the Journals? And yes, I did find out the the Summer Wine Appreciation Society had ended. That's rather unfortunate.

wait wait wait --- tell us a bit more about these SW
journals. Are they hard copy or online/soft copy??

If soft copy. can you post them somewhere???

I looked on the old appreciation site. I can find mention of
the journals, but not how to get them.

thanks

chuc

They are photocopied journals produced in the 1990s.

Have just checked. There are 20 issues of "Deep in the Heart of Yorkshire"

The pile is slightly under 2 inches in height!

Issue one is dated Winter 1993 and issue 20 is 2005, 12 years later.

Issues 1 - 6 are A4 photocopied and stapled, issues 7 to 19 are A5 booklets that are printed with a colour cover from issue 13 onwards. Number 20 reverted to A$ photocopied (I think) but with a colour cover.

Between issue 19 and 20 three "Coffee Morning Gossip" news letters were issued.

The final mailing was a CD with a large number of photographs of locations.

We had a badge - I still have mine!

Some of the articles did appear on a website, such as interviews. There was quite a bit of programme synopsis as well as quizzes.

There were hints that further material was being planned for further editions but suddenly it all stopped. As I have said before we used to send in pr-paid envelopes (A4 with £1 worth of stamps on) in batches and I think I am still owed one envelope!

A very useful store of material but none of it electronic although the committee of the SWAS may well have electronic copies and possibly some of them may even be members here.

Through it we also got some photographs as well - and I was told about where to find some of the early books.

So as one of the early members i am pleased with my collection.

They are photocopied journals produced in the 1990s.

Have just checked. There are 20 issues of "Deep in the Heart of Yorkshire"

The pile is slightly under 2 inches in height!

Issue one is dated Winter 1993 and issue 20 is 2005, 12 years later.

Issues 1 - 6 are A4 photocopied and stapled, issues 7 to 19 are A5 booklets that are printed with a colour cover from issue 13 onwards. Number 20 reverted to A$ photocopied (I think) but with a colour cover.

Between issue 19 and 20 three "Coffee Morning Gossip" news letters were issued.

The final mailing was a CD with a large number of photographs of locations.

We had a badge - I still have mine!

Some of the articles did appear on a website, such as interviews. There was quite a bit of programme synopsis as well as quizzes.

There were hints that further material was being planned for further editions but suddenly it all stopped. As I have said before we used to send in pr-paid envelopes (A4 with £1 worth of stamps on) in batches and I think I am still owed one envelope!

A very useful store of material but none of it electronic although the committee of the SWAS may well have electronic copies and possibly some of them may even be members here.

Through it we also got some photographs as well - and I was told about where to find some of the early books.

So as one of the early members i am pleased with my collection.

Oh, so that what it's called. "Deep In The Heart Of Yorkshire". I'm pretty sure there are lots of nice tidbits about our show in those books. Perhaps, in the future, maybe someone might be nice enough to post them up online, either by scanning them or otherwise.

About how much are the amount of photographs in these books?

Back