Look out for the boys in Blue

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Just spotted the following info about the daring Police duo,well worth a look I think

Last of the Summer Wine duo to perform in Holmfirth

May 29 2009 Huddersfield Daily Examiner

TWO actors from Last of the Summer Wine are returning to Holmfirth.

Ken Kitson and Louis Emerick – who play policemen Cooper and Walsh in the BBC comedy – are performing at the Civic Hall.

The pair will do an improvised show, taking their cues from the audience.

Ken said: “We’ll be playing the characters we play in Last of the Summer Wine but all the ideas will come from the audience. We thought we would start in Holmfirth and, if the show works, we’ll take it round the country.”

The show starts at 7.45pm on Saturday, June 6. Tickets costing £10 are available from Holmfirth Tourist Information Office on 01484 222 444.

Ken is hopeful that the BBC will commission a spin-off show based on the policemen characters.

He said: “We did a pilot programme last year which was well-received but unfortunately it went out on the same night as the Nadal-Federer Wimbledon final last year.

“The BBC are still talking about it because Last of the Summer Wine is on hold this year. This might be the best way to go, a spin-off involving some of the younger characters.”

Thanks for this info Terry - I am going to try and book a ticket as I am free.

I missed the pilot show mentioned - did you see it? Has it been repeated?

Hi

I managed to get tickets over the phone for Saturday night, the pilot episode was from Series 29 titled "A short Introduction to Coopers rules" screened in 2008,I will try and ask the duo for further dates and post them here

Terry

I have booked my ticket - any one else going?

Hi Barmpot

I shall be there with my Wife,we will park in the main car park opposite the Civic Hall,hope to be there for 19.30 as I think doors open 19.45

Terry

Yes a good show, with a lot of ad libs and I think the potential to do more.

I look forward to hearing more from this duo as it could well be the spin off we need.

Back