Long words

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
This is an email I sent to some friends this morning. I think the Captain might like it.

Good morning to all. Feeling more like my old self today as opposed to yesterday when I only had the strength to open one eye. Oh my, such agony. As I lay here trying to eat things that would give me some energy a word was constantly going round in my mind. That word was 'INEXORABLY'. I have never used that word in my writings so now I have that determination to one day use it in my stories.

Now, back to my email. Alan, when you go to the supermarket are you aware just how many people are in there with you?‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ During the course of a day there must be lots of people breathing germs out in all directions. Twice this year you have had 'man flu'. You probably caught that in the supermarket or the pub. Order your needs online and have them delivered. I remember some years ago, when Victoria was making some cakes‍, she was short of eggs so I, under protest, volunteered, to go to the supermarket to buy some. It was pouring with rain ⛆ so I took the umbrella ☂ as it is a long walk from the car park to the store.

After buying the eggs I made my way back to the car. The eggs were in a bag and I had to put the umbrella down while I fished in my pocket for the car key. I found it but because of my wet hands, I dropped it. Exciting this isn't it? Anyway, I looked down for it on the floor but couldn't see it. There were only two places it could be. It was either 'in eggs or brolly'.

Malc, Pete, will one of you explain that to Alan...... He is sat there with a puzzled look on his wrinkled face like a gorilla with piles.

LOL Peri or should that be GOL (groan out loud?)

Hope you are feeling better, was wondering if you were OK as you had not been posting.

Much better today JB. I could post lots of different things but do worry about upsetting people. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean posting anything rude, I like to make people smile without resorting to stories that might upset people with a somewhat delicate outlook on life. This is the best group I have ever belonged to and think that you are all a great bunch of people. Keep smiling everybody.:):D

I have to say as well as illness as you get old "prestidigitation " deserts you and typing these " Catenatory " posts takes for ever!
WOW, that word is wider than my keyboard. I am wondering if one has to have all of one's teeth extracticated in order to have the
ability to manoeuvre one's cakehole so that one may be able to pronounce it? As for catenatory, well, we used to have one of those things. We put the moggy in it when it wanted to 'pooh'.:08:

I always wondered about what we kids heard as discomknockerated. I was told a couple of days ago when I used it ,that the real word was discombobulated. It means puzzled or mixed up , At a loss !:fp:

I think , but stand to be corrected Dick, that Ken Dodd was the purveyor of those words on a fairly regular basis. Peri, much as I would like to claim to understand the words I used sadly, I plagiarised the speeches of the great Leonard Sachs , star of the Good Old Days, who was infamous for the use of really long words in his artist introductions . ;)

I think , but stand to be corrected Dick, that Ken Dodd was the purveyor of those words on a fairly regular basis. Peri, much as I would like to claim to understand the words I used sadly, I plagiarised the speeches of the great Leonard Sachs , star of the Good Old Days, who was infamous for the use of really long words in his artist introductions . ;)
I always understood that Prestidigitation was "sleight of hand, magic tricks mostly with cards !":39::08:

I always understood that Prestidigitation was "sleight of hand, magic tricks mostly with cards !":39::08:

It does but it also shows as being a trait that magicians need - fast moving fingers and Catenatory - being connected in a series like a chain or in our case a series of posts in threads :)

Some great words are popping up here. I love those long silly words. Back to the serious words, one that keeps cropping up in my mind is AUSTERITY. That is a word I have never used but with today's diplomatic climate I don't think it will be long before I get the opportunity to use it. Don't panic, I'm not going to dwell on politics. No, this is the holiday season and I will be thinking of you going on your holidays and hope that you are not subjected to bad weather when you take your vacation. We can't get away these days because of our disabilities. We will enjoy looking through old photos of ourselves paddling in the sea and relaxing in the sand. One of the best holidays we ever had was on a farm. That was such fun, helping to look after the animals and going for lush country walks through fields and meadows. There was, however, one particular field that the farmer told us not to go into. "That is the paddock," he said, "it is

HOSS TERRITORY."....Well, it is early Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Back