London marathon

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Is anyone joining in the London marathon tomorrow? I wish that I had the energy to run a marathon, I wouldn't run in one, I just want the energy. There are things I would rather do than jog for four hours. I do admire the people who take part in these fund raising events and I will be watching them running 26 miles to raise money to help the less fortunate of us. They all have such wonderful smiles. Good luck to all those taking part. It's years since I was capable of venturing out on the highways. I do believe that there have been quite a few changes to the laws since I last went out. Can anyone tell me if motor vehicles still have a man walk in front carrying a red flag? Also, what is this I hear about zebra crossings? I thought that people went out to go shopping, not to take part in a safari. I guess that my ramblings must be giving you an idea of my true age. Huh, anybody want to borrow a calculator? The last time I was in town people were following the traffic collecting the waste in buckets. They do say that horse pooh is a good thing to put on your rhubarb. Can you believe that? People actually putting horse crap on their rhubarb? I can inform you that we are much more civilized, we have custard on ours. Now, about my last trip into town. I was stood at the curb, looking across the street, when an old lady came up to me and said, "Can I see you across the road?" I promptly replied, "I don't know, go across and have a look".
By now you must be asking yourself, has Peri gone nuts or what? My reason for posting this longer than average letter is that postings on our forums do tend to become rather fewish at the week-end. Now there's a word to add to your dictionary, fewish. Sounds like someone has just got a whiff of the horse droppings that old Joe has just collected in his bucket. Back to the point, I thought that whilst I was sat here growing corns on my best feature that I would give you something to read whilst you sat waiting for something to happen. Did you see that? I used the word 'whilst' twice during my last sentence. I am now going to conclude this puny effort by inviting you all round for tea after the marathon. I will be serving rhubarb pie but I must warn you that I am out of custard. There will be bags of pegs situated on the table for you to apply to your hooters.
Bye.

I saw some of the coverage and the lesson I took from some competitors albeit for so many good causes is "Don't decide on your costume and tell all your friends when you are drunk" clearly many of them looked dreadfully uncomfortable and set themselves too much of a challenge you'd think . The run is hard enough without adding in having to lug some inappropriate costume which was selected after several sherbets .

I saw some of the coverage and the lesson I took from some competitors albeit for so many good causes is "Don't decide on your costume and tell all your friends when you are drunk" clearly many of them looked dreadfully uncomfortable and set themselves too much of a challenge you'd think . The run is hard enough without adding in having to lug some inappropriate costume which was selected after several sherbets .
You are right Captain, some of the costumes do look most uncomfortable to stand up in let alone run 26 miles. There's one guy who dresses up like a rhino. He's been doing the run dressed like that for a few years now. It does the heart good to see so many people going through such agony to raise money to help the not so healthy of us. I fit into that category, I'm hoping that the money raised for me will be spent on leveling off the the hill that I live on. Going out is OK but coming back is a problem. I am giving lots of consideration to forming an FHS... That is short for Flat Hill Society. If anybody lives on a flat hill where there are houses for sale will you please contact me at Raggy Bottom, in Red Cheeks On The Hill, Slopeshire....:eek2:

Is anyone joining in the London marathon tomorrow? I wish that I had the energy to run a marathon, I wouldn't run in one, I just want the energy. There are things I would rather do than jog for four hours. I do admire the people who take part in these fund raising events and I will be watching them running 26 miles to raise money to help the less fortunate of us. They all have such wonderful smiles. Good luck to all those taking part. It's years since I was capable of venturing out on the highways. I do believe that there have been quite a few changes to the laws since I last went out. Can anyone tell me if motor vehicles still have a man walk in front carrying a red flag? Also, what is this I hear about zebra crossings? I thought that people went out to go shopping, not to take part in a safari. I guess that my ramblings must be giving you an idea of my true age. Huh, anybody want to borrow a calculator? The last time I was in town people were following the traffic collecting the waste in buckets. They do say that horse pooh is a good thing to put on your rhubarb. Can you believe that? People actually putting horse crap on their rhubarb? I can inform you that we are much more civilized, we have custard on ours. Now, about my last trip into town. I was stood at the curb, looking across the street, when an old lady came up to me and said, "Can I see you across the road?" I promptly replied, "I don't know, go across and have a look".
By now you must be asking yourself, has Peri gone nuts or what? My reason for posting this longer than average letter is that postings on our forums do tend to become rather fewish at the week-end. Now there's a word to add to your dictionary, fewish. Sounds like someone has just got a whiff of the horse droppings that old Joe has just collected in his bucket. Back to the point, I thought that whilst I was sat here growing corns on my best feature that I would give you something to read whilst you sat waiting for something to happen. Did you see that? I used the word 'whilst' twice during my last sentence. I am now going to conclude this puny effort by inviting you all round for tea after the marathon. I will be serving rhubarb pie but I must warn you that I am out of custard. There will be bags of pegs situated on the table for you to apply to your hooters.
Bye.
Speaking of zebra's crossing, here in DC -- yes, you guessed it!! Five zebras made a run for it through a hole in the fence at their zebra farm in the Maryland suburbs of DC. They are still running. Nobody knows how to catch them. The zebras are smart enough to avoid food placed in an open corral. One mother thought that her daughter was hallucinating when she stated that she thought she saw some zebras. Mother had to later eat her words.

Back