Latest Posts.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, I'm quite sure how the latest post thingy works! Is there a way of changing it to look like the old one?

Also for some reason I keep getting emails about certain threads but that could have been me pressing buttons that I shouldn't have :-[

You can only use so many smiles at once and you can't just use smilies in a reply, just wondered if there was a reason for that or is it just standard?

I know you're busy so no rush.

I'd also like to thank Terry and Tony for their hard work you have both done a great job. ;D:respect::respect:

I cannot find how to put any icons in my reply. it just puts it by the title. Also what is to go in the title?? Like Pearl said no rush, just wondering. The more I play around with I should find more. Edited: Pearl how did you get smiley face within your post?

Last edited:
Are you using quick reply? If so you need to use the reply button at the side.

Look at the bottom of this message in corner it says Post Reply, don't use the quick reply. I think that makes sense :tux:

What is the difference between the "Post Reply" and the "Quick Reply"? Why are there 2 types....it seems redundant.

answer my own question

Never mind, I found this in the "FAQ":

Replying to a Post
On some boards you might be able to post and reply as a guest user. But most communities require registration.
As a registered user you can go to a forum on a board where you have permission to view threads and leave replies. To reply you have a few options. You can click on the 'Post Reply' button
reply.gif
and add a new post to the end of the thread. Alternatively, you can leave a quick reply in a quick editor box listed below the posts in the thread.
When using 'Quick Reply' you can choose to quote a particular post if you are replying to something someone wrote. You may need to click the quick reply button
quickreply.gif
in a post to activate the quick reply box before you can type into it.
If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button
multiquote_off.gif
. This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.

"Post Reply" you can add smilies, that's the only difference I can see but don't take my word for it I'm just a passing idiot ;D:13:

Okay , I did post reply, in the advance I see all the icons and I clicked on the smiley face and it just put it next to the title above. All of the icons are in a box under this , it says post icons. just cant put it inside my comments.

Never mind, I found this in the "FAQ":

Replying to a Post
On some boards you might be able to post and reply as a guest user. But most communities require registration.
As a registered user you can go to a forum on a board where you have permission to view threads and leave replies. To reply you have a few options. You can click on the 'Post Reply' button
reply.gif
and add a new post to the end of the thread. Alternatively, you can leave a quick reply in a quick editor box listed below the posts in the thread.
When using 'Quick Reply' you can choose to quote a particular post if you are replying to something someone wrote. You may need to click the quick reply button
quickreply.gif
in a post to activate the quick reply box before you can type into it.
If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button
multiquote_off.gif
. This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.

Well there you go then I was just a passing idiot ;D

I have it on good authority that some of us can use more than 4 smilies! I'm I the only one being rationed? Also when I tried to just post smilies it said I couldn't but have notice others can :unhapppy::02:
Am I being punished for something? If so I know for a fact it was Dick fault :me:

Me again :( Always you blame me and I've been quiet all day. It wont let me use more than 4 either :unhapppy:

I have just realised that the Smilies are included in with the attachments.
The vBulletin default is for only 4 (four) images/smilies per post.
I'll change that now.

No I cant put smilies on my replies either. Never mind we used to manage without them as with lots of new fangled things these days.

At the moment H/J I'm using a print out of the smileys that I got from FAQ. You have to type it how it says on the page but its sort of useful :(

This new set up is doing my head in.I think I may just read the posts now and participate less.

Back