Just bought series 23/24, odd tracklisting.

Blue summer

Dedicated Member
Anyone else had a similar problem?
Discs one and two are fine, what is on the disc corresponds to what is on the tracklisting on the back cover.
However, discs three and four are not, what is on the discs, isn't what is on the tracklisting, very odd, not had this problem before.
Plus, "Beware of the hot dog", which is on the tracklisting for disc four, isn't on ANY of the discs.
I always get my Summer Wine DVD's from Play.com and up to now, they have been fine, apart from the odd disc not staying in the disc holder on a couple of them, so you have to be careful when opening them, otherwise the disc can fall out.

G ; )

beware of the hot dog is on disc 3 (well it should be), playback got the back cover wrong with the 2002 christmas special (Musical Passing for Miserable Muscroft) further up the list when it should be at the bottom, the discs do come loose eventually threw wear and tear in that sort of case. playback havent exactly done good with this set, with the episodes in the wrong order, brian murphy being listed as a guest star and not in these episodes and i think on disc 2, the episode where Tom fixes the clocks for Clegg and Truly, when them 3 are in the hut in 1 scene the sound jumps for a second on my set, if your not happy with the set if you cant find hot dog episode i suggest sending it back and get it from somewhere else like amazon or somewhere else that its a decent price.

beware of the hot dog is on disc 3 (well it should be), playback got the back cover wrong with the 2002 christmas special (Musical Passing for Miserable Muscroft) further up the list when it should be at the bottom.

Just checked disc 3 again and it definately isn't on there, although on the track listing, it shows it as the first episode on disc 4!!
I will probably send it back with a covering letter, explaining the problem and ask for a refund.
Bit disappointing though, Play.com have usually been quite good over the years.
Thanks for the reply.

G ; )

Just checked disc 3 again and it definately isn't on there, although on the track listing, it shows it as the first episode on disc 4!!
I will probably send it back with a covering letter, explaining the problem and ask for a refund.
Bit disappointing though, Play.com have usually been quite good over the years.
Thanks for the reply.

G ; )

have you checked it with play all mode or seperately viewing the episodes?
if its not then i would say definately send it back, i can imagine your disappointed though, to be honest personally i dont think play hasnt been the same the last few months

Yes, i did check play all, plus separately, it isn't on the start list when the disc loads.
I'll send it back.

G ; )

Yes, i did check play all, plus separately, it isn't on the start list when the disc loads.
I'll send it back.

G ; )

in that case definately send it back, try it from another place cause it should be cheaper than when it first came out and amazon are very good on returns if it needs to be again

Checked my copy. "Beware of the Hot Dog" is last episode on Disk #3. "A Musical Passing for a Miserable Muscroft" is last episode on Disk #4 contrary to listing on cover.

Strange that someone has a copy missing an episode. Supplier should be irrelevant. I thought that usually a flaw made DVD failure catastrophic and not as tidy as an episode seemingly omitted.

Watched "A Musical Passing for a Miserable Muscroft" last night and did not see Brian Murphy. However, Wikipedia records: "First small appearance of Entwistle (although his introduction to the other characters occurs in the next series)". There is no record of him in the episode per IMDb.

Back