Jimmy Perry RIP

I have met Jimmy Perry several times also David Croft. They have produced many brilliant comedy`s as PK has said' They have told me many a good story. RIP

What a great writing team, both sadly gone,the likes will never be seen again RIP

Yes, a very fine writer and a great story-teller.

And I have to echo that we will never see the likes of those two again.

Dad's Army, It Ain't Half Hot Mum and Hi-De-Hi reflect Perry's early real life. It was all based on his own experiences.

He always based his work on fact, and his shows are surprisingly educational too.

I believe he had some minor input in the recent Dad's Army film.

A Star writer from the heyday of British Comedy which is so sadly diminishing year on year , he brought his wealth of life experiences from his time as an entertainer in a holiday camp , his service to his country and turned them into masterpieces of their age, alongside his partner David Croft . To be capable of writing so many hit series takes enormous talent, he more than matches our beloved Roy Clarke in terms of the hit shows he wrote . I don't think we will ever see such a crop of star writers again in any era [certainly not recently] . I do hope that we see a fitting tribute from the BBC to mark his passing .

A Star writer from the heyday of British Comedy which is so sadly diminishing year on year , he brought his wealth of life experiences from his time as an entertainer in a holiday camp , his service to his country and turned them into masterpieces of their age, alongside his partner David Croft . To be capable of writing so many hit series takes enormous talent, he more than matches our beloved Roy Clarke in terms of the hit shows he wrote . I don't think we will ever see such a crop of star writers again in any era [certainly not recently] . I do hope that we see a fitting tribute from the BBC to mark his passing .
There was a Perry and Croft programme not long ago.Did you catch it Captain?

Thank you HJ I did , but I failed to record it to watch again.I will look through BBC Store see if they have it but hoping that there will be a tribute perhaps from one of the lesser series in terms of exposure [ Dads Army is a permanent Saturday Night feature and Hi-de-Hi is on every afternoon ]

Back