Jane McDonnald Holmfirth Documentary

Janes line in the video "If you're a Summer Wine fan then Holmfirth is like one big film set" absolutely sums up sentiments & my recent visit to Holmfirth, so much so I'm booked to visit again in November :cool:

Janes line in the video "If you're a Summer Wine fan then Holmfirth is like one big film set" absolutely sums up sentiments & my recent visit to Holmfirth, so much so I'm booked to visit again in November :cool:

I agree to an extent but most of the filming was done elsewhere in that area which the Photos Graham and Chuffer have posted back up . I know if you asked the public a word association question and aske "Summer Wine" the answer "Holmfirth" would come back but for example Clegg, Howard and Pearl lived far longer in Hill Street Jackson Bridge than the houses in Holmfirth , Auntie's shop which is a huge part of the episodes is in Marsden and there are lots of other examples I am sure we could all quote . Holmfirth undoubtedly benefitted from the show but sadly the local councils seemed to have conveniently forgotten how much the show did for the area at almost all of the locations you would never have known they had even been there thank goodness for the fans on here and Terry for his wonderful map.

Well, that was a wonderful show. I sort of took for granted all the strong women, the way they were was actually very familiar and then I realized that, even across the Pond, that watching Nora and Wally was, shall we say, really close to home. My father never rode a motorcycle, he just wore the jacket.

Back