Jan 2014 ask Darren

I had to bite my tongue,(don't rock the boat) needless to say, since my wife died they are quite concerned about how I am etc but things will never be the same regarding my feelings toward them. ::) ::)
Right on Dick, never let the bxxxxxxs grind you down ;) ;)

I had to bite my tongue,(don't rock the boat) needless to say, since my wife died they are quite concerned about how I am etc but things will never be the same regarding my feelings toward them. ::) ::)
That's it Dick. The best way to make them feel bad for all they have done is to kill them with kindness. It is the best way to get your point across. I love it! :respect: I do say that it is almost impossible to do, but I am glad you held your ground with your silence.

Thats what I always say , kill them with kindness. Or another saying is, the best revenge is living good. I believe that is how it goes. My husband at times would hold his tongue, but how low he felt afterwards and it would build up inside. and kill him. Sorry for the side conversation Darren. We are learning a lot about all of us on this one..

Have you enjoyed answering questions here?
Have you learned anything from it?
What has been the most surprising question you've been asked?
And finally, Has there been a question you've felt uncomfortable with?

Have you enjoyed answering questions here?
Have you learned anything from it?
What has been the most surprising question you've been asked?
And finally, Has there been a question you've felt uncomfortable with?

Yes I have enjoyed answering the questions.
I've learned that there is always another side of us that isn't Summer Wine all the time and it was nice to get people to see that.
I think the most surprising question was the 3 Summer Wine stars for dinner question I wasn't expecting that as a question.
There has been one question I was a bit uncomfortable coming up with an answer for and it was your question Susan about if the show was brought back who would I cast as the next Compo or Clegg etc, I don't mean this to offend but I felt it was a bit of an insult to Bill Owen, Peter Sallis, Brian Wilde, Kathy Staff and the others who portrayed our favourite characters having someone else in them shoes wouldn't fit for me which is why I said I wouldn't do that and go down the route I would go down if I was ever given the chance, but apart from that the question I've been ok with the others, even the ones about my health, hey even if someone asked what my illness is I would answer that.

I asked that question because I know they were problems between Bill Owen and Michael Bates, Peter Sallis once said that the program nearly didn't get made because of it and I wondered who else would have played them, which lead me to thinking who would play them now if it was starting now.
I wouldn't change the actors now for anything but if it didn't get made then and the script was discovered 40 years later and someone decided to produce it I'm not sure we have the talent out there at the moment to cover such a program.
It was just a thought.

I asked that question because I know they were problems between Bill Owen and Michael Bates, Peter Sallis once said that the program nearly didn't get made because of it and I wondered who else would have played them, which lead me to thinking who would play them now if it was starting now.
I wouldn't change the actors now for anything but if it didn't get made then and the script was discovered 40 years later and someone decided to produce it I'm not sure we have the talent out there at the moment to cover such a program.
It was just a thought.

no I can understand why you would be curious about who to play the characters if Last of the Summer Wine was starting nowadays, but as you say we probably don't have the talent in the UK who could pull off the show from the beginning these days, but you can understand where im coming from saying I wouldn't swap the actors for anyone like you say in your reply, as I said why mess with perfection eh. I didn't mean that response to offend you Susan, its just out of all the questions it was the one I weren't over happy about when I first saw the question that's all so I had to go for that one with your question today and I didn't mean it to offend you, I would never do that intentionally to someone on here or in real life

No I wasn't offended at all, I wouldn't change the actors for any thing, I was just wondering what someone else thought about it.
I don't think we produce the same kind of talent these days. There'll never be another Bill Owen Or Peter Salis. I can't think of one comedy actor as versatile as the likes of Ronnie Barker or David Jason. Its a shame really.

im glad you weren't offended Susan, I agree with what you say there

If you could have a major role in one episode which one would it be and which character would you play

If you could have a major role in one episode which one would it be and which character would you play

well seeing your saying one episode I will go for a guest star, I will have to go for an episode who was in two episodes and go for Jack Harry Teesdale, I though it was a great character and would have been nice to see more of that character but would be nice to play him

Now that your month of questions is almost up Darren, how did you find the questioning?, were there questions you found difficult to answer, or we're there questions you might have expected to be asked but weren't ? How did you find the experience over all?

Now that your month of questions is almost up Darren, how did you find the questioning?, were there questions you found difficult to answer, or we're there questions you might have expected to be asked but weren't ? How did you find the experience over all?

I found the questioning interesting John, apart from the one I mentioned above but that was the only one I found difficult, well I came into the questioning with an open mind to what people might have asked so there wasn't anything in particular I was expecting to be asked but as soon as I mentioned health problems I did think someone would ask to know what they are and I really did enjoy the questions and im sure Terry will keep this thread open so if anyone wants to ask anything in future I would be up for that

Sometimes people feel uncomfortable talking about health problems because they have some of their own ,or a loved one, that is hard to discuss. Maybe this is too formal of a forum to get too personal. I have had a situation that effected me personally and it was difficult to talk about, and for many years I skirted around it. What type of illness do you have, and I pray it is not fatal. Yet some illnesses that aren't are harder to deal with. There I did it. :-\

Sometimes people feel uncomfortable talking about health problems because they have some of their own ,or a loved one, that is hard to discuss. Maybe this is too formal of a forum to get too personal. I have had a situation that effected me personally and it was difficult to talk about, and for many years I skirted around it. What type of illness do you have, and I pray it is not fatal. Yet some illnesses that aren't are harder to deal with. There I did it. :-\

its not a fatal illness Brenda, 6 years ago I suffered a nervous breakdown, it was so bad I was admitted to hospital for it, I was in for two months but suffered a relapse a couple of months later and went back into hospital (infact they let me out of the hospital during that admission to go down to teddington to the recording of the laughter for the show cause they knew how much the show meant to me and thought it would be good for me to do it and it was) for another spell, after that admission I haven't been back in hospital but still suffer from chronic depression and anxiety and panic attacks, some days are better than others but try to get by the best I can

Good morning :yawn: :coffee:, Darren I hope they don't have you on any of those wild meds with side effects. I know someone with panic attacks and they feel uncomfortable being in crowded rooms. I have actually seen him sweat at the brow. In todays world of medicine and the advances we have made, the brain is the one we know the least about. So complex. Thank you for sharing and I glad you are comfortable talking about it. :-*.

Good morning :yawn: :coffee:, Darren I hope they don't have you on any of those wild meds with side effects. I know someone with panic attacks and they feel uncomfortable being in crowded rooms. I have actually seen him sweat at the brow. In todays world of medicine and the advances we have made, the brain is the one we know the least about. So complex. Thank you for sharing and I glad you are comfortable talking about it. :-*.

no I don't have any side effects from my medication, like your friend im uncomfortable in crowded areas (shopping centres, football stadiums etc) but I do make an effort sometimes. no problem, a few years ago I might have been uncomfortable to speak about it but im happy being open about my problems now

no I don't have any side effects from my medication, like your friend im uncomfortable in crowded areas (shopping centres, football stadiums etc) but I do make an effort sometimes. no problem, a few years ago I might have been uncomfortable to speak about it but im happy being open about my problems now

You are not alone my friend, I've had panic attacks since I was around 25. I was sent to a hospital because they thought I was having a heart attack (father had heart problems in his 50's, they were scared I was following after him). I have learned when they come, to tell myself in 10 minutes this will be over and let them do their thing, it is uncomfortable, but I've learned to live with it. Mine is mainly heart racing, had a few other things too, tired afterwards. They happen when I'm in meetings and the meeting is at a stalemate or is off subject . I hate meetings!!
I get tested every 10 years for heart issues to make sure I don't confuse the two. But so far the old ticker is running smooth. The last time the cardiologist, after I passed the stress test, pushed me even harder just to see how far I could go, and I blew it away. They think I'm taking after my mom's side. I also started lifting weights to get the nervous energy out. I don't need caffeine, I seem to run full throttle most of the time. I feel lifting has lessened the amount that I have and their intensity. But, that is just what I did on my own, not saying lifting weights will work for you, I just had to do something.
Take care,
the other Darin :D

Back