I hope this isn't boring.

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Good Morning everyone looks like we are going to have a bright sunny day. I thought I would post a little more about myself. First of all, I would like to thank another member, manwinoname, for telling me about this group. I am a big fan of Summer Wine and don't know how I missed this group in my search for a group of such friendly people. I knew manwinoname from another group which was very good but seemed to be run by a set of freak controllers.

OOPS, I clicked the wrong button at the start of my last letter. Well, the group I met manwinoname wasn't for me and I left. I have only been with this group a couple of days but already I can sense the warmth and comradeship that you people put out to one another. I am housebound and need contact from people like you. I won't go on any longer but I am willing to tell you more about myself if you are so interested. I would like also to know more about you. Hope I am not boring you. Thanks for introducing me to this group Malc, {that's manwinoname}.
Have a nice day.
Peri.:17:

I'm not housebound as such Peri but don't move far unless the family take me. I will be going with my daughter and her partner to Cornwall in a cottage in St Ives in September, we always arrange it to cover the anniversary of my 47 year marriage to her mother. Unfortunately the big C took her 6 years ago,:44:

Lovely place Cornwall Dick. I went to St. Ives many years ago. Will you be taking any photographs while you are there. I can manage little walks in the street with the aid of a walker, one of those things with a seat on it four wheels and brakes. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a SAT NAV. :)

We have several members that visit the area during the year,me included,so you could end up with several barmpots dropping by for a cuppa

A cuppa tea will always be ready and it's only £2: 30 pence a cup.
Do you have anything planned for this sunny day? Are you into gardening?
Peri.:tw:

A cuppa tea will always be ready and it's only £2: 30 pence a cup.
Do you have anything planned for this sunny day? Are you into gardening?
Peri.:tw:

No not a gardener, waiting for plumber to call at moment, then who know's what after he has been

Has the plumber been yet? Hope it's not too big a job. We were supposed to be having some new taps fitted in the bathroom. That was last June. If he doesn't come soon I'll have to go through the car wash naked. o_O
Which part of Lincolnshire do you live in?

Two pound 30 for a cuppa?! I think Ivy's prices were less dear (clutches at his Foggy style wallet). Ya only had to worry about getting run out early or whacked with a tray at the Cafe.

The Cornwall area looks so pretty, Dick. Especially if it looks like the area that Doc Martin is filmed in.

Hope you all don't have to wait too long for your plumbers.

Some of the coffee bars where I live are now charging over £3 for a cup of coffee even the local M & S store is charging £3.05 for a large coffee. As we seem to be discussing what we are doing on this fine day . I partake in Heritage walks in Newcastle and the surrounding area and I have been today on a one off special at the Real Tennis Club in Jesmond .

It was built in 1894 and is still an active club . The visit was excellent we we given a potted history and then the club professional gave us opportunity to try and hit a few balls followed by an short exhibition match between a couple of the players . It was built by Sir Andrew Noble when he owned Jesmond Dene House, subsequently bought by the City Council . The House is now a period luxury Hotel owned by a the private company , a lovely place to stay and do wonderful afternoon teas and food. Here are a couple of shots

IMG_2216.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

Some of the coffee bars where I live are now charging over £3 for a cup of coffee even the local M & S store is charging £3.05 for a large coffee. As we seem to be discussing what we are doing on this fine day . I partake in Heritage walks in Newcastle and the surrounding area and I have been today on a one off special at the Real Tennis Club in Jesmond .

It was built in 1894 and is still an active club . The visit was excellent we we given a potted history and then the club professional gave us opportunity to try and hit a few balls followed by an short exhibition match between a couple of the players . It was built by Sir Andrew Noble when he owned Jesmond Dene House, subsequently bought by the City Council . The House is now a period luxury Hotel owned by a the private company , a lovely place to stay and do wonderful afternoon teas and food. Here are a couple of shots

View attachment 2552

View attachment 2553
I once saw one of the Royals playing real tennis on TV. Not much like the tennis we know.

Has the plumber been yet? Hope it's not too big a job. We were supposed to be having some new taps fitted in the bathroom. That was last June. If he doesn't come soon I'll have to go through the car wash naked. o_O
Which part of Lincolnshire do you live in?

I live about 6 miles north of Lincoln in a one horse village, plumber forgot to call today,so is coming on Friday

Back